Sledding

XGX7PM

If Amherst was an option there is a sledding hill at Billy Wilson State Park on Hopkins Rd Williamsville.  Also behind Amherst Middle school and Island Park south of the falls and the side of the 290/90 on Wherle Drive.   That one sucks donkey ballz though.....

Edited by Lawdwaz

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I can't wait to take my little guy sledding ,he's just getting into the age when i think we're gonna have some real fun together doing stuff. 

A few years (maybe two??) I gave "lockednloaded" a couple sleds for his kiddos.  Cute little buggers!

As a little kid I LOVED sledding.  The old Flexible Flyer was an outstanding piece of equipment.........I took a lot of wipeout in stride and the sled did too.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

A few years (maybe two??) I gave "lockednloaded" a couple sleds for his kiddos.  Cute little buggers!

As a little kid I LOVED sledding.  The old Flexible Flyer was an outstanding piece of equipment.........I took a lot of wipeout in stride and the sled did too.

@Lawdwaz even wrote his name on it for us. Autographed by a true whitetail slayer. My kids love to go and typically we go to Billy wilson park on Hopkins.

When they are just a tad older I'd like to hit up chestnut ridge. I went to the ridge as a kid and that was a blast. We would pack a cooler of lunches and enjoy  it inside the community building there. I remember warming up to the wood fire. If I recall it was free not sure if it still is. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My old "Flexible Flyer" used to be an outstanding piece of equipment too, Larry...That is until it became TOO flexible...<<SIGH>>…..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NockednLoaded said:

@Lawdwaz even wrote his name on it for us. Autographed by a true whitetail slayer. My kids love to go and typically we go to Billy wilson park on Hopkins.

When they are just a tad older I'd like to hit up chestnut ridge. I went to the ridge as a kid and that was a blast. We would pack a cooler of lunches and enjoy  it inside the community building there. I remember warming up to the wood fire. If I recall it was free not sure if it still is. 

Please except my sincere apologies on butchering your handle, KEVIN. :)

• Haha 1

We bombed the sledding hill at Allegheny one year on my father in laws toboggan , there was 5 or 6 of us on it . Right about the time i thought we were going to fast to be safe ,we hit the part that gets steeper . We skipped off the bumps until the timing lined up and we launched one ,there was a collective "uuuhhhhh" from the sound of everyone exhaling at the same time and then it was just snow,sky,snow,sky etc. until it was done . Good times.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for using them Kevin........It really makes my day to see the kids enjoying something that I absolutely loved when I was a little shaver.

Ironically, I passed that park yesterday & today a couple times and I was surprised to see the amount of kids sledding during school hours.  Nice!!

• Like 1