How many WMU's have you hunted?

goosifer

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

Wolc, I think you and @Biz-R-OWorld cover the most distance between WMUs in the same season. That's interesting.

The Adirondacks are my favorite place to hunt, and I am very thankful that my in-laws built their retirement home up there, giving me the chance to make several trips each season.   I am planning on spending the whole early ML season up there this year.  If I can fill my antlerless deer tag early in 6C, I will spend the rest of my hunting time that week across the road in 6F, where antlerless deer are off-limits but the chances of a bear are better.  I will only hunt my buddy's place in 9P this year, if I have a tag left for late ML season.  The odds of that are low if I spend that whole week early up in the Adirondacks.      

Wow, a lot for me. This year, 3S, 3N, 9J and 9K. In my N.Y. hunting career? Add in 3A, 3J, 3C, 3H, 3J, 3F, one or two of 4’s west of Catskills and then chenango county which is 7-something if I remember right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow, a lot for me. This year, 3S, 3N, 9J and 9K. In my N.Y. hunting career? Add in 3A, 3J, 3C, 3H, 3J, 3F, one or two of 4’s west of Catskills and then chenango county which is 7-something if I remember right.

Biz, you are the WMU champ. You really do get around.

• Like 1

Biz, you are the WMU champ. You really do get around.

Well it’s over the course of Many years. Hunted a bunch of the Statelands in Catskills, Putnam, Dutchess, etc. so that was a bunch of them. Then when i bought a bow that added 3S. Then thanks to@sodfather and@The_Real_TCIII I added two 9 units.

Just now, NYBowhunter said:

4F, 4F, 4F.....did i mention 4F.. hunted a bunch of times years ago in Ellenville NY, but not sure what WMU that is.

Oops forgot also hunted in New Paltz, NY for many  years a long time ago, got my first doe and buck there . Thats at a time when my uncle had a house there, not sure of the the WMU..

• 2 weeks later...

8X is my main go to just due to short travel distance, but I also do a yearly trip up to 5C. I like to bounce around into 7R, 8S, 8T, 8W, 8P, 8N, 8G, and 8H before the season is over as well. I put a few miles on the truck every year.