Saddle Up

sodfather

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Same...I am also supremely panicked about dropping my bow and trust nothing but my right hand to handle my equipment!!! And the pull rope on my climber was picked out by my daughter when she was 4...she picked purple and that’s what has been on my stand since then!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try to handle your equipment with your left hand...Might be a welcome change lol

• Like 1

The stranger

Hmmm...I thought that was just being
ambi-dicks-terous....the stranger is different altogether from what “I’ve heard” something about sitting on your hand until it falls asleep and then...well you know...

• Haha 1

Hmmm...I thought that was just being
ambi-dicks-terous....the stranger is different altogether from what “I’ve heard” something about sitting on your hand until it falls asleep and then...well you know...

Ha hahaha yea I’ve heard that version too

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Added some loops on the back of my saddle for my sticks to attach on way up . Done a couple climbs already and have shot bow out of it. So far I think it’s a lot more comfortable that most think. The only thing so far I don’t like is I’m worried after long sits my hips are gonna get squeezed. Added an asender to my lineman rope and tree tether . 

E8CCDEBD-51C4-40CD-B1B7-96532A921074.jpeg

• Like 1

Added some loops on the back of my saddle for my sticks to attach on way up . Done a couple climbs already and have shot bow out of it. So far I think it’s a lot more comfortable that most think. The only thing so far I don’t like is I’m worried after long sits my hips are gonna get squeezed. Added an asender to my lineman rope and tree tether . 
E8CCDEBD-51C4-40CD-B1B7-96532A921074.thumb.jpeg.aa276b676f87b927fe9e8eab6d37dcba.jpeg

Glad you like it...your review however is lacking...mid-climb/in tree progress
Pics are required!

How was shooting from it? Anchor points? Stability?

• Like 1

Yes I didn’t want to come out with a full report until I have spent some hours in it . My followers deserve that !  Shooting from it is gravy , not sure what you mean about anchor point , that would be the same no matter your position. The hip pinch is the only down side I see so far could be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Yes I didn’t want to come out with a full report until I have spent some hours in it . My followers deserve that !  Shooting from it is gravy , not sure what you mean about anchor point , that would be the same no matter your position. The hip pinch is the only down side I see so far could be an issue. 

So you are saying saddles are no good for hippies or hipsters :rofl:

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

I guess what I mean is do you feel “normal” with your anchor points (kisser?)being where it is when shooting at the academy on flat ground? I keep picturing a saddle hunter “floating” in the trees with less stability under foot which I feel would
Throw me off.

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

I guess what I mean is do you feel “normal” with your anchor points (kisser?)being where it is when shooting at the academy on flat ground? I keep picturing a saddle hunter “floating” in the trees with less stability under foot which I feel would
Throw me off.

You actually get more stability shooting from the saddle because you have more support. You lean into the saddle and also have your feet on the small platform,three points of contact vs. two as in your feet.

My only problem was i had to check the bubble on my sight as i wanted to cant my bow and that would affect my left to right grouping since i shoot a drop away rest. Once i made sure to check i was good.

I am excited to not have to go and set up stands in the woods before the season. My buddy is doing that now which i think is late in the game. I will not let the deer know i am coming.

I dont have problems with the hip pinch either but i got the phantom,maybe that's a little better that way. 

I have no regrets getting into this and it has added a new level of excitement for the season,as if i really needed that,haha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Throw me off.

No it’s nothing like shooting off the flat ground but anchor is the same . Your not floating I use a predator platform for my feet so I can stand if I get fatigued.  At first I was worried about the lower half of the bow string hitting something but after a couple shots ya get more comfortable. I don’t think I could do an all day rut hunt sit in it but time and practice will tell. I can tell I have sparked your interest and if you would like to try it out I’d love to bring it to the next SENY trip . 

• Like 2

No it’s nothing like shooting off the flat ground but anchor is the same . Your not floating I use a predator platform for my feet so I can stand if I get fatigued.  At first I was worried about the lower half of the bow string hitting something but after a couple shots ya get more comfortable. I don’t think I could do an all day rut hunt sit in it but time and practice will tell. I can tell I have sparked your interest and if you would like to try it out I’d love to bring it to the next SENY trip . 

That is a kind offer.
I have two images of me trying to use a saddle.
26d26336f2a6d33808c1e5e18c0d064e.jpg
16ede2ba467da9407dcd0c2ca3be12a6.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, Bolt action said:

I'm curious about these. Does the number of layers you're wearing come into play? Meaning, is there a difference using it while wearing shorts and a t-shirt rather than the coveralls and parka you may wear in late November?

The tehtrd phantom is a one size fits most. From a 26" waist to 40 or 42. So unless you are at the edge of that it doesn't matter what you wear. Other saddles are more size specific,they dont fit that wide of a range of sizes. I think you would only change one size by going from shorts to insulated pants.

• Like 1