2012_taco

11 Day Power Play

Recommended Posts

I need your support! Help me #PutCancerOnIce by making a contribution to my player page. I have been selected to participate in a three hour shift as a part of an 11 day marathon hockey game. Proceeds of the event will support cutting-edge cancer research and wellness programs at Roswell Park, Make-A-Wish WNY, Camp Good Days and Roswell Park Oishei Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Program.

Unfortunately we all know someone who has been touched by cancer! please check out my link to donate.

https://communityshift.11daypowerplay.com/TimMeyers?tab=MyPage

Together, we can make a difference in the fight against cancer!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Normad is in !

Cancer is ravaging The FD , every party or get together, I learn of another guy with it , last one is a healthy 50 y/o .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Dr. Normad is in !

Cancer is ravaging The FD , every party or get together, I learn of another guy with it , last one is a healthy 50 y/o .

Sorry to hear this. Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Sorry to hear this. Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!

No problem . I wish I knew back in the day what we know now , never showered after a fire, never cleaned our goods, took off our face pieces way to early and now many of my friends are fighting the fight . 

Thank you, skate hard !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nomad said:

No problem . I wish I knew back in the day what we know now , never showered after a fire, never cleaned our goods, took off our face pieces way to early and now many of my friends are fighting the fight . 

Thank you, skate hard !

I hear you, I did remodeling for years, tore out a lot of old kitchens and bathrooms, never wore a mask! When you're young you think you're invincible! I never even gave asbestos or coal dust a second thought! Dust mask, hearing protection that was just for pussies!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 years in the cleaning business..........horrible conditions in attics, garages, basements, crawlspaces, murders, suicides, accident scenes etc.  Chemicals that have now been banned for years. 

I have four friends; NOT acquaintances, with leukemia right now.  One just got out of Roswell after 30 days of chemo and transfusions.  In late January he is supposed to start a bone marrow transplant.  Odd.....they are all guys.  

My wife lost a sister to leukemia 50 years ago.  Wanna talk about all the others that have all kinds of other cancers?  Not me......

I'm doing a "reach around" now, getting my heavily stressed billfold out and helping out.

TacoTim.........I'll give an extra $50 if you'll sit it out.  I need you to help with some remodeling projects and can't afford to see you get hurt. :)

 

Edited by Lawdwaz

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

30 years in the cleaning business..........horrible conditions in attics, garages, basements, crawlspaces, murders, suicides, accident scenes etc.  Chemicals that have now been banned for years. 

I have four friends; NOT acquaintances, with leukemia right now.  One just got out of Roswell after 30 days of chemo and transfusions.  In late January he is supposed to start a bone marrow transplant.  Odd.....they are all guys.  

My wife lost a sister to leukemia 50 years ago.  Wanna talk about all the others that have all kinds of other cancers?  Not me......

I'm doing a "reach around" now, getting my heavily stressed billfold out and helping out.

TacoTim.........I'll give an extra $50 if you'll sit it out.  I need you to help with some remodeling projects and can't afford to see you get hurt. :)

 

I'll be around to help with any projects you have. (maybe not roofing) lol 

Thanks you so much for your donation! Merry Christmas!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump...

Just wanted to bring this back in the picture, fundraising continues, Thanks for all the support!

Tim

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done! Good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Thanks 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Done! Good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!


Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Great cause - I'm in. Don't get hurt on the ice!

Thank you! I'm sure I'll be sore,  but I won't kill myself!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Johnplav, Thank you for your donation!

Thanks for taking part in this! 

I deal with the fight against cancer everyday at work... these type of programs help immensely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

bd737996d373463c41b09392c997a206.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's great! I gotta get me one of those shirts.  Thanks again  for all the donations,  a really great group of guys/gals here!


Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a donation from Brian L.  I assume it was someone from this site? Thank you Brian for your donation!

  • Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moog5050, you thought you could slip in a donation and we couldn't figure out who sent it?  We have people everywhere! LOL You have to be to only lawyer who doesn't want his face plastered all over the daily news! Thanks again for the donation! Tim

  • Like 2

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Moog5050, you thought you could slip in a donation and we couldn't figure out who sent it?  We have people everywhere! LOL You have to be to only lawyer who doesn't want his face plastered all over the daily news! Thanks again for the donation! Tim

Good thing you are doing Tim.  Thank you for raising money to fight a horrible disease.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.