11 Day Power Play

2012_taco

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to post an update on the fundraising, we did great and raised over $11K for the fight against cancer! I really appreciate everyone's help and support as this is truly close to my heart. We didn't get to play ice hockey due to the coronavirus, but I hope to try again next year. Lord Willing!

Here's a clip from facebook post

Screenshot_20200918-105002_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm doing it again this year.... The 11 Day Power Play is holding a marathon hockey game this November at Buffalo Riverworks. I will be playing a 3 hour shift along with friends that I skate with on Thursday nights. "Thursday Night Cancer Crusaders" Everyone of us on this team has had or is currently fighting our own personal battle with cancer. 

Unfortunately, everyone of us know someone close to us that have been effected by this terrible disease. Together we can and will make a difference.  Proceeds of the event will support cutting-edge cancer research and wellness programs at Roswell Park, Make-A-Wish WNY, Camp Good Days and Roswell Park and Oishei Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Program. All funds support our local community.

Please use this link to make a donation,

https://communityshift.11daypowerplay.com/TimMeyers

Thank you so much for helping me reach my goal! I truly appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Done! 

Hopefully you guys get to play this year.

Thank you Jason! Yes, we will be playing ice hockey this year. Unless this new Delta variant screws things up? But we are all vac'ed so I'm sure we will get through this next wave of crap!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Almost there, less than 2 weeks until we hit the ice!! I just wanted to put this out here 1 last time to try and get as many donations as possible for this very worthy cause. 

Friends we are almost there, on November 14 at 8am our team, The Thursday Night Cancer Crusaders, will start off the 11 Day Power Play Community Shift. 40 teams playing hockey for 11 days along side of the 40 players who are playing a hockey game to break the Guinness World Record for the longest ever hockey game!
This is truly an incredible event, all while raising much needed funds for the fight against cancer.
For those of you who have already donated THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, and for those who haven't WHY NOT!!
Cancer touches each and every one of us in one way or another, I am grateful for this opportunity to do something to fight back and really need your support. Please use the following link to make your donation.
Thank you !!!

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Our team raised over $35,000 for cancer research! I personally reached my goal of raising over $2500. We couldn't have done it without the help of so many of you generous people here on this site! I feel so very blessed.

Thanks to all who contributed!

Tim Meyers

• Like 3