Happy dog

Nytracker

Bought a couple Christmas toys for my lab  Ellie.3 toys 53 minutes . Destroyed . I bought most toys indestructible  on the market. She destroyed them .  Yesterday I went to the garage. Took out the box of old antlers I have collected. Cut the points off a scrub buck and ground edges.20191225_141829.thumb.jpg.d830625dc28661b20d6506aa5d940415.jpg20191225_145156.thumb.jpg.12164064671a2729dc4dc992d58c7006.jpg

she is a happy pup.... nothing worse than having to take new toys away  from your pup.

I know they have been selling them for years but the wife didn't like the idea . Our vet approved  antlers but wife  dragged her feet. 

Wife said I better shoot a buck next year... I told her I have it covered. Theres 2 totes full in the garage.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 9

Dont bother cutting points off or grinding anything. I give my dog whole antlers all the time, and he loves them.

Rawhides are bad for dogs. I had to put one of my dogs down due to an obstruction (and she ate a hotwheels car that punctured her intestines), but the obstruction had alot of rawhide in it. Vets told me that those are the worst kinds of toys to give to a dog. Stick with non-splintering bones  or deer antlers and take them away once they get small enough to be swallowed.

• Like 1