Looking for Info about My Bow

Deleted Account

Hi Everyone,

I decided last fall that I was going to take up some traditional shooting, and decided to go with a longbow. I made a wild $10 purchase on good ole eBay, and ended up with a fine shooting bow (after it got a new string).

However, I have no idea where this bow came from. It does have some information on it, as a MEAD Fluted Bow, 50#, 28" draw. I did a little googling and found Dave Mead's site, but I'm not sure it's one of his (though I'm going to send it to him to see). Has anyone ever seen one like this?

MVIMG_20191224_120831.jpg

MVIMG_20191224_120837.jpg

MVIMG_20191224_120853.jpg

MVIMG_20191224_120906.jpg

Post it up on archery talk in the traditional section.  There are a few there that I bet can give you the info you are looking for.  Nice bow and a steal at $10!  Not easy shooting off your hand as a rest.  You plan to build a leather rest for it or something similar?

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Post it up on archery talk in the traditional section.  There are a few there that I bet can give you the info you are looking for.  Nice bow and a steal at $10!  Not easy shooting off your hand as a rest.  You plan to build a leather rest for it or something similar?

Thanks for the suggestion, I threw on the other forum to see what they come up with.

I'm kind of enjoying shooting off the hand. I did start using a glove though to keep the fletching from tearing up my hand :)

• Haha 1