CVA Optima V2

NYBuckHunter27

I know this a common question but what loads is everyone using in their CVA Optima V2's? The wife got me one for Christmas. I am already a fan of the Harvester Sabots.

I am specifically interested in the blackhorn 209 but also wondering if it is worth it if I will only hunt with the gun a hand full of times? I am in a rifle county. Thanks everyone.

I just got the same gun in November.  I am shooting a 300grn Hornady SST over 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 and CCI 209 primer.  I'm using the Blackhorn breach plug.  I like the 209 because it burns clean so I've been able to fire numerous shots without a need for cleaning in between.  The 300 grain SST's group great but I may change to something a little ligher for added speed next year.  I'm having some issues with blowback on the primers so I'm likely going to experiment with others.

• Like 1

How does everyone measure loose powder?

I would recomend a powder measure and flask to make life easier. While a powder measure's labels may not match up volume to weight perfectly they are close and throw a very consistent charge. I can be a bit anal and originally planned to measure all my powder loads until I realized the powder measure provided more than enough consistency for hunting loads out to 150. Below is what I am using for powder measuring. There are better measure out there but this works for me and the price was right.

https://www.amazon.com/Traditions-Performance-Firearms-Muzzleloader-Adjustable/dp/B000PW9HO8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=cva+powder+measure&qid=1578542616&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Blackpowder-Products-Grain-Spout-Cylinder/dp/B004RC4DVY/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=cva+powder+measure&qid=1578543239&sr=8-7

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Like 1