Frank's Gun Shop???

grampy

I need to restock some powder, bullets and a couple other things for winter reloading. After finding NY Shooter Supply doesn't supply much anymore. I won't be going back there!! So I'm looking for a new place, somewhat local to shop. Had a couple guys recommend Frank's Gun Shop on Rt 30 past Amsterdam. Called them, and they have everything I'm looking for!! So guess I'll take a ride up tomorrow.

Any of you northern NY, or Capital region guys been there? If so, whataya think???

I'll give a review, after I stop in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Been there a few times, seem decent. They have a pretty good ammo and reloading supplies. Prices were a little high but not terrible.

If you’re out that way swing by runnings, it’s a pretty neat store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping you'd chime in!!

My hunting partner told me Runnings is nice. He's been there a couple times.. I've never been there either. May take your advice, and check that out too. Thanks!!!

Been there many times. Never had a bad experience. Always friendly, and willing to help out. I'm not sure if Frank is still kicking, but I'd bet his kids are the same mannerisms.

I never thought the prices were all that high when comparing to the other gun shops in that area. Adirondack Sport Center ( formerly Dimezzas ( spelling ? ) was a joke. Those prices were high.

I think you'll have a good experience with them Dave.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Been there many times. Never had a bad experience. Always friendly, and willing to help out. I'm not sure if Frank is still kicking, but I'd bet his kids are the same mannerisms.

I never thought the prices were all that high when comparing to the other gun shops in that area. Adirondack Sport Center ( formerly Dimezzas ( spelling ? ) was a joke. Those prices were high.

I think you'll have a good experience with them Dave.

Thanks Rob!

I'm a big fan of zacks across from round lake . Most all capital district gun stores are owned by Brian Olsen except zacks 

Have you tried all his shops ,one on central,one on rt9 in Latham  ,one out Rotterdam way ,one in Nassau by the 9 and 20 split , another one just past the outlets in lake George and another one I am missing .

As i said  I'm a big supporter of zacks . As for Frank's, he is nice talked to him several times. He has that market up that way, his new shop is sweet .

I called him, no tc encore katahdin in stock 

Steve 

Edited by sbuff

27 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I'm a big fan of zacks across from round lake . Most all capital district gun stores are owned by Brian Olsen except zacks 

Have you tried all his shops ,one on central,one on rt9 in Latham  ,one out Rotterdam way ,one in Nassau by the 9 and 20 split , another one just past the outlets in lake George and another one I am missing .

As i said  I'm a big supporter of zacks . As for Frank's, he is nice talked to him several times. He has that market up that way, his new shop is sweet .

Steve 

Yes, I go to the Gunsmoke store in Rotterdam. Good guys there. And very knowledgeable. Prices are reasonable too. But they don't carry much for reloading supplies.

Will definitely stop in to check out Zack's too, next time I'm up that way. Thanks!

Steve 

Greenwich is the other one.

If they don’t have what you’re after or if it’s closer to you smitty’s in Schatichoke usually has a bunch of powder and reloading stuff, and if you’re that way you might as well to go to beectofts gun shop as well. Between the 2 of them they’ll have the reloading stuff you need more than likely.

19386a291618c7e015e86e2580fcb8db.jpgdd678dd39ad904d16b041b644d848122.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Grampy, I was NY shooters supply first customer ,very small shop. I am surprised he has made it as long as he has with the much bigger store up the road . Are his supplies limited?

I have done business with them for a while now. And at first all was good!  But lately anytime I stop in for something, they never have what I want. Called to see if they had any H4831 powder for reloading 270. This is a very popular powder for that caliber. No! And no Nosler BT's either! Well....could you order it for me? No! Won't make another order for a " month or so". Told them I could order it online myself quicker than that. Yeah whatever, was the response I got!!!

I do try to support local businesses, every chance I can. But NY Shooters Supply stopped supporting me. So I'll take my business elsewhere. The owner isn't so bad. But the kid that works there is f'n useless!

49 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If they don’t have what you’re after or if it’s closer to you smitty’s in Schatichoke usually has a bunch of powder and reloading stuff, and if you’re that way you might as well to go to beectofts gun shop as well. Between the 2 of them they’ll have the reloading stuff you need more than likely.

19386a291618c7e015e86e2580fcb8db.jpgdd678dd39ad904d16b041b644d848122.jpg

I can be at Frank's in 30-40 minutes. Not too bad at all. I called them today, and they have all I'm looking for in stock. So I'll go check them out tomorrow.

The reloading bench will then be restocked and ready to go. With the same 270 recipe that worked so well, with mine and my hunting partners bucks this year.

And while I'm there, no doubt something else is bound to catch my eye too!! As I'm just a mere mortal, with low resistance, in a well stocked Gun Shop!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How’d you make out?

Made out good! I'll give Frank's Gun Shop a 4 out of 5 star rating! They had everything I was looking for. Prices were reasonable. Friendly service.

Besides the powder and bullets I needed. I also picked up a better primer hole cleaner, fire hole cleaner, another case holder. And a half dozen ice fishing jigs.

Was also eying a K Tec? AR in 223 for a predator rig, for $625. I thought that was a good price. I may go back for that? Might check with my WNY buddy and see what he has first.

Overall, it's  a nice place. I'll be back!

20191228_131510.thumb.jpg.709085629b2d01593e2fca5478ab504c.jpg

20191228_140652.thumb.jpg.26b1a14eb20195fd14e7e63728f25101.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtTime said:

I'm curious to know how the new shop looks. Old place was sort of small.

Much bigger, and nicer than the old place Rob. Little bit of everything, with more room to move around. Been years since I was in the old place though. And we usually just stopped for bait when ice fishing Daga.

• Like 1

New place is much bigger ...glad it worked out for you . I may take a ride to zacks tomorrow just to browse and see about getting that encore transferred in .

When you think about it us capital region guys actually have a few different choices which is nice .

Steve