Pull Behing Utility Trailer

Hey all. Looking for recommendations for a utility trailer to pull behind the quad. Been researching online and came up with a few options. Would be using it dual purpose. First would be to "hopefully" pull deer out of the woods. And second would be to transport tree stands and food plot supplies. So my brother has one of those Polar poly trailers that that has pulled deer out for years and its great for that but not so sure about transporting tree stands and food plot supplies. I was thinking more on the lines of a flat bed type that would handle both chores better. Either just a frame {make the bed and rails} or something more complete. Option one was a frame from Harbor Freight. The frame seemed to be a bout the right size but the tires didn't seem to be much for off road. Searched around for replacements tires with no luck. Option 2 was a brand new one out from Polar that looked pretty nice. Comes with removable rails to make it in to a flatbed. Fairly pricey. But no reviews anywhere. 3rd option was a model XKD from Cabela's. Reasonably priced with nice tires. Maybe to reasonable.But again, no reviews. Been on Craig's list and nothing fits the bill. Anyone have any experiences with my second 2 options or any other recommendations. Much appreciated

6 minutes ago, buffalojim said:

That's Pull behind. LOL. Pretty tired

Ha, I read right past it. We have 2 carts that were from Sears aka Craftsman and have been happy with them. I believe they are basically a hard plastic and not metal. Have hauled out boatloads of fire wood with them.

Id go flat bed myself, no sides.  I would just make sure the trailer deck is wide enough to hold your largest stand. Maybe a few D rings to ratchet strap the stands down, and you will have a convenient setup I feel.  You could always weld some square stock to the side rails, so you can fit 2x4 into them, for removable sides if you want to move wood/mulch/stone etc around.  I’m probably saying the obvious.

i have a 4x7 Tractor Supply trailer that has been wonderful.  I use it to haul my quad, but I can also pull it with the quad around the yard.  Might be too wide if you do not have wide enough trails to where you are headed though.

sorry I keep adding to this....if you are concerned about height on a trailer like I use....you can always do an axle flip if its got leaf springs.  This will gain you some height.

Edited by Bionic

• 3 weeks later...

I went through the same questions a few years ago. I eventually bought, 5 years ago, a cheap 4x8 (or 5x8?) from Tractor Supply. I haul dead deer & firewood, stands, plus syruping supplies, and it works really well. It has sides but no ramp. The wheels are definitely not off-road types but they work just fine, they'll track behind wherever the ATV is pulling them. I promptly smashed to bits all the lights by hitting branches & trees, but that was to be expected. Sometimes I wish for something narrower for ease of navigation, but it's not a big deal. 

For one of those plastic tub trailers, you just have to get inventive about strapping down the ladder stands and it'll work fine. A tub type trailer would also be much easier to maneuver around by hand if you happen to get into a tight spot with ATV & trailer. Wouldn't think a flat bed trailer would be as easy!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Its a little longer and heavier than I might of wanted but I still think it would work. If they ever have it in stock again. Cabela's is all over the board. I called them when it was discontinued and there was none available. The next week the web site said it was in stock but didn't have a chance to call because of work. Then it was out of stock. Now its limited stock

On 1/16/2020 at 11:10 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

A friend of mine has this one. Really nice since it folds up and wheels out of the way. It's more money but I think worth it. He hauls his wheeler on it and then hooks it to his wheeler and off he goes. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I've got a 5x7 utility trailer with these road tires on it. My father use to use it to haul his wheeler up to camp. now it just sits at camp. our area is very hilly and muddy and I have pulled it easily with wood piled  over the 18" sides totally full. I have two 500cc 4x4 wheelers and they both pull it with no issue. Personally I wouldn't get hung up on the tires for how the OP posted he was going to use it. to me versatility is a good thing and being able to take it over the road if needed but small enough to utilize in the woods is a plus.