Son First Bow Season 2020

Zag

• 3 weeks later...

Well it’s almost here!! Will pick up his license this week and I’ll let him take the morning off of school on Thursday!! He’s super excited to get started, he even wants my wife to sit in the box blind behind the house. Last is getting his clothes all washed and put an a tote!!

• Like 3

Ok well he’s official now!!! I’m giving him the morning off from school to go hunt with me in the morning. His clothes are in the dryer now and he’s taking a scent free (or so called) shower. He’s pretty excited and we’re sitting on an oak bench, one of my favorite spots. He’s super excited so will see what happens!

6EAB32A0-F386-4BB7-9B83-BC92E83AB720.jpeg

• Like 5

Zag I’m hesitant to say this as I don’t want anything taken wrong but there are quite a few forms flaws that could hurt him. 
If you wish pm me your number and I’ll help you. If you’re near Orange County I’ll even meet you to help. 
If anyone else needs help that offer stands for you all as well. 

• Like 1

Good luck In the morning and this season. It’s great to see you letting him hunt I did the same when my son started when he was 14. We had a great time and still talk about it now.  My son is 32 and is meeting me here in the morning to go.  Hope you get to do the same with yours for many years to come.  Good hunting 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Curious to hear what is going to cause him a greater rush..hitting game winning dingers, closing a big game or seeing game approach as a hunter.
Good luck and enjoy every second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See says he’s gonna be cool as a cucumber when he shoots. I’m still laughing at that one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nephew said the same thing 2 years ago. Then he shook so bad the spike saw him and continued for 45  mins.  It was great enjoy that time with him.

Ha, my first year I shook so bad I didn’t even shoot at the spike as I couldn’t keep my bow still enough to shoot. I was so mad at myself I stormed out of the woods right in the middle of a hunt!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nephew said the same thing 2 years ago. Then he shook so bad the spike saw him and continued for 45  mins.  It was great enjoy that time with him.

My 7 year old was shaking so bad in pa youth rifle last year he couldn't shoot. the deer was looking at us cause the gun was bouncing off the blind window lol.  I personally shake after the shot, like an adrenaline dump. There is no better feeling than that. 

• Like 3

Well I can’t believe it’s happened so fast. So we’ve been out 3 times and seen nicks and does, couple close calls and also no worries it’s early.
Well recently I signed him up for x county for some additional fall sport along with his current baseball schedule. I didn’t know x county practices 5 days a week plus 2 baseball practices. So he said to me , dad give me tonight off as I’ll have little time the next month so to hunt a lot so I agreed. As we headed down to the land I told him i wanted to setup by the food plot (not where he wanted to go) as I knew there was a high probability deer would come to it. I sat in my stand near him and he sat in his. After awhile he starts texting me where are the deer?? I said it’s early no worries. Later he says he wished he was in the other stand and I said I’d be shocked if we didn’t see any deer. A little while later he calls and I’m thinking he’s gonna complain about not seeing anything and he says.. dad I just smoked a doe!! 
I come over and he shows me where she was standing and I don’t see blood, hair or an arrow so I’m concerned. I asked where she left the plot and as soon as I got to the edge I saw blood, part looked dark and kinda gritty other looked ok. So we walked out and came back an hr later around 7. Got into the woods and was having an ok time finding blood and the blood was looking much better and I led the way and he followed once I kept finding more blood. Then I said keep scanning ahead as well in case you see her. Then at some point I shined my light ahead and we both said is that her?? Sure was and I’m guessing within 80yrs of shot!! So freaking cool and impressed with him. Ended up being double lung and a clear pass through with a 35 lb draw weight!! So dam fun and happy. On a side note this doe died within probably 50yrs of my first deer back in 1992! Cool stuff. Now he’s ready to hunt a 10pt he says. This should definitely give him more confidence!!

22F8EA56-2213-458C-82A7-6F531F1F4323.jpeg

CD076A7A-91F4-4A20-A282-D424E6C6AD99.jpeg

91F4AC51-5380-4473-988F-836E3F0B1561.jpeg

03F2F6EB-4869-45F8-BE78-3ABB913C3260.jpeg

BBF4F25C-DA32-45B6-8873-E071B4FB27B8.jpeg

• Like 31