Hunters siding with Antis....sickening

WNYBuckHunter

You can bet that this is going to happen here as well...poking that ole hornets nest...as I've said before...hunters are land owners as well and with seasons expanding it's just poking the hive...like it or not....Just read in Popular Science that they are working hard to perfect the birth control drug for animals...deer and especially hogs....it will be coming to a state near you ...for years hunting was just coming and going with out a bunch of hoopla and then every body want this or that changed ...added... more time ect....ect ...well now the Fall tug of wars have begun ...JMO

I can't believe "half of the hunters" surveyed would support this. I wonder where this lady is getting her data from? Did they only survey 2 hunters and 1 was a nitwit? The lady who wrote this article is from the Humane Society so I would have to question her sources.

Edited by Elmo

HSUS is a bunch of Wackos but .......... they are organized !

Unlike outdoorsmen and women who can come up with more damned excuses for not joining any hunter or gun advocate organizations, it seems that the anti-hunting wackos (and the anti-gun idiots) aren't afflicted by this demand that every position of their organizations has to be exactly the same as theirs or they will pick up their toys and stay home. So surprise-surprise, it turns out that we as simply a disorganized mob, are being out-spent, and under-represented and being out maneuvered more times than we would like to pull our heads out of the sand and actually see. That's why I often sound so darned pessimistic about the future of hunting.

And in terms of hunters doing it to hunters, we have had more than a few threads on this forum that illustrate how determined we are to keep ourselves disorganized ...... probably one of the greatest gifts to the anti-hunters and anti-gunners that we could possibly give them.

Lets not forget the "hunter organizations" that do little more than exist to push an agenda that alienates other hunters and uses the same tactics as anti-hunter organizations to try and get their way. They even resort to the same type of outright lies and statistical butchery, and stand shoulder to shoulder with anti-hunters that are trying to stop the same things from happening. I wont mention any names though. ;)

I started reading her "story" and then moved on to the comments section.....I can't deal with that kind of cow flop....so I stopped reading. Look at the source of the story. If Sunday hunting ever happens for us in Pa, then so be it. It will be because the hunters stood together and did something about it. Otherwise,it will not happen.Yes I miss hunting spring gobbler since almost 100% of the time I have to work saturdays during that time of the year. Yeah,it ticks me off. Would I love to see Sunday hunting in Pa....Hell Yeah! I bought land in NY to get away from Pa BS and to relax and enjoy the outdoors any time I want,7 days a week.

oh and by the way without getting into too much detail thier stats are all wet about the num% of hunters to birdwatchers, and revenues of hikers outdoing that of the hunting community is pure nonsense. hunting brings close to a billion dollars a year of revenue to NY state when you ad it all up. hikers and bird peepers cant even hold a candle to that, what BS..

Lets not forget the "hunter organizations" that do little more than exist to push an agenda that alienates other hunters and uses the same tactics as anti-hunter organizations to try and get their way. They even resort to the same type of outright lies and statistical butchery, and stand shoulder to shoulder with anti-hunters that are trying to stop the same things from happening. I wont mention any names though. ;)

Its funny that you dont even have to mention a name of that organization to know who it is. find it amazing that hunters actually join that group. Indeed they share the same tactics to only better themselves. If that article came out in NY I would take a poke that the Humane Society would be knocking on their door to get those hunter stats and they would walk side by side in hopes of getting some kudos in return to use on their own plate like. I can hear them now, Hey we will support you if you just help us get sundays to bow only, its a win win you get the guns out of the woods on sunday and we get bow only on sunday. You had to go and get me riled up didnt you? Half a month to go hunters half a month to go.

Edited by wdswtr

Maybe I could see imposing a ban on sunday for state run parks and that's it. You know give a little get a little. Dont miss interpet that as I think there should be any kind of sunday ban. But if that would help open up hunting on sunday in PA i'm sure a lot of hunters would go for that.

Maybe I could see imposing a ban on sunday for state run parks and that's it. You know give a little get a little. Dont miss interpet that as I think there should be any kind of sunday ban. But if that would help open up hunting on sunday in PA i'm sure a lot of hunters would go for that.

I'm not sure who in that state is negotiating the issue on behalf of the hunters ..... if anyone. But I suspect that they are probably no more organized than we are and probably for the same reasons. So most likely the only opinions and pressure that is being applied is by the HSUS people. I doubt that you will see any "giving a little to get a little" other than the hunters doing all the giving and the antis doing all the taking.

Its funny that you dont even have to mention a name of that organization to know who it is. find it amazing that hunters actually join that group. Indeed they share the same tactics to only better themselves.

I love this...one wanting to tear into a hunting organization...because of different views on weapons ....another offering up a compromise and quickly noting he's not for bans....lest he were to get drawn and quartered by his peers for an opinion

The compromise is a good thing..... but the problem doesn't lay in the HSUS not trying to take all or nothing...it does though with hunters wanting all or nothing...for do you think the non land owning public land hunters would say hey thats OK...Let private land owners hunt on the weekends good for them!! We'll stay home with the wife and kids or what ever....Ha...ya that will work...but at least it's a thought toward a living together solution

Perhaps Sunday hunting only during late gun or archery seasons ...cold then not as many recreational ppl out Doc is right and it's just going to get worse

Edited by growalot

One would think that by 2011 hunters would have already done something about this idiotic, remnant from puritanical times law that doesn't allow Sunday hunting? From what I read the law has been in effect since 1873. Sure now you have the left wing Humane society trying to keep the ban on Sunday hunting for self-serving reasons, but we can't forget that the right wing religious zealots were the ones who implemented the ban in the first place and have done their damndest to keep the ban alive to this day. We really didn't have these left wing groups until the 1960's. One would have thought that something could have been done about this law well before the 60's? Both sides are pretty screwed up in my opinion, and blaming one side only is not looking at the whole picture here.

Having hunted and lived in PA. I kinda like the fact that Sunday is a No Hunting Day. Mainly to give the private landowner and the wildlife a brief break. Allowing Sunday hunting is going to increase pressure on landowners who allow access presently to their land. And will undoubtedly lock up more land as unaccesible for hunting due to landowners closing access due to additional pressure. A couple of points: 1) Hunters are environmentalists too and we are better off finding common ground versus further alienation and deteriorating relationships; 2) the article was flawed from the start, there was no mention of who funds and PAYS for the Habitat and Wildlife! It certainly ain't the Birdwatchers!!!!

If the landowners are that worried about Sunday hunting, they are free to tell those that hunt their land that they do not want them hunting on Sundays. Why punish the majority to spare the few?

Exactly, and especially in today's world where people have so much crap going on they are lucky if they can get out for the weekend to hunt. Parts of Jersey still have the blue laws too, not sure if it effects their hunting but stores are closed.

One would think that by 2011 hunters would have already done something about this idiotic, remnant from puritanical times law that doesn't allow Sunday hunting? From what I read the law has been in effect since 1873. Sure now you have the left wing Humane society trying to keep the ban on Sunday hunting for self-serving reasons, but we can't forget that the right wing religious zealots were the ones who implemented the ban in the first place and have done their damndest to keep the ban alive to this day. We really didn't have these left wing groups until the 1960's. One would have thought that something could have been done about this law well before the 60's? Both sides are pretty screwed up in my opinion, and blaming one side only is not looking at the whole picture here.

Back in the early days people actually attended church and observed the sabith.. so I'm sure most of those people were ok with the no Sunday hunting rule.. I'm not sure that there were many "right wing zealots" in 1873.. I don't even think the term was used until recently.. they may have been conservative people... but because they were religious people and looked at Sunday as a holy day of rest doesn't make them a zealot..