Anyone Use Spectrum Mobile?

Cabin Fever

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

We've been considering a switch from Verizon to Spectrum Mobile. It's ~1/2 the cost of what we pay for Verizon. It sounds like Spectrum Mobile uses Verizon cell towers and has the same coverage.  Any first hand experience with Spectrum Mobile as a cell provider?

I considered it too , but their cable service is so bad and expensive i am afraid to switch.  Their customer service for cable is amazingly bad.  

• Like 4

We have it. Moved from Verizon. Save around $65/mo between wife and I and no drop-off in service. Unlimited data. Can't say I like their cable pricing and servicing; however, the cell phones...not a single issue. 
What's your bill for spectrum mobile after taxes and fees?

My wife and I are at 162 for for Verizon wireless with unlimited data and one phone costing 20.00 a month and another 10.00.....so our bill is around 130 ish before phones being added in.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I switched off to something called Red Pocket. I dont use the phone much for data and they have a small amount of data and phone for cheap cheap cheap. Also use verizon lines. If you dont need tons of data, give a thought. I have literally zero issues in about 6 months of use.

2 hours ago, phade said:

We have it. Moved from Verizon. Save around $65/mo between wife and I and no drop-off in service. Unlimited data. Can't say I like their cable pricing and servicing; however, the cell phones...not a single issue. 

Good to know, I had to call spectrum for our internet and they were trying to sell it. They did say the price doesn't go up after a yr. Prices did sound better, having 5 phones on our plan I'm happy for any bill relief, I'll have to revisit.

41 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What's your bill for spectrum mobile after taxes and fees?

My wife and I are at 162 for for Verizon wireless with unlimited data and one phone costing 20.00 a month and another 10.00.....so our bill is around 130 ish before phones being added in.

$45 per line all in. Wife and I pay $90.

i have been looking into straight talk wireless. Phones are very under priced. I don’t need top of the line phone. Price is very comparable with spectrum as well. They use Verizon towers as well as spectrum so there shouldn’t be a drop off in coverage. I’m just nervous to switch! I currently pay 298 a month for 2 smart phones a dumb phone and an I pad. 

6 minutes ago, Cory said:

i have been looking into straight talk wireless. Phones are very under priced. I don’t need top of the line phone. Price is very comparable with spectrum as well. They use Verizon towers as well as spectrum so there shouldn’t be a drop off in coverage. I’m just nervous to switch! I currently pay 298 a month for 2 smart phones a dumb phone and an I pad. 

I am tied to my phone for business...and I still use Spectrum. No problems. 

1 minute ago, mlammerhirt said:

Do you own your phones from Spectrum?

A 40.00 a month savings sounds pretty nice if that price stays over time.

I bought my phone outright instead of taking a loan/payment plan on it. My wife brought hers from our Verizon plan. Both are iphones.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would post an update. We've been using Spectrum Mobile now for 2 months. We haven't had a single issue! No noticeable difference than the service we had with Verizon. Our monthly cell bill went from ~$200 down to $73!! We upgraded to 3 new iphones, so that bumped our total monthly bill to $148. Even adding 3 new iphones, it's still cheaper than having Verizon with old phones. 

• Like 2

We thought about switching, I called Verizon and told them as much, in fact, I asked them for an "end of service" date. We were paying close to $200 per month for mine and my wife's phones, 2 lines and 8GB of shared data. They did the ole' "let me see what we can do" trick, but it was surprisingly good.

Verizon paid off my wife's phone outright (like $80), paid mine off in installments (basically credited my monthly payment for the remainder of the $200) and put us on their "Loyalty Unlimited" for $80 a month. In total. we went from paying $180-200/month to $90 a month with a better plan. I would encourage Verizon customers to give them a call before switching. I'm not a Verizon loyalist by any means, though we have had the best coverage with them.

I'm glad to hear the switch to Spectrum was a good one for you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

We thought about switching, I called Verizon and told them as much, in fact, I asked them for an "end of service" date. We were paying close to $200 per month for mine and my wife's phones, 2 lines and 8GB of shared data. They did the ole' "let me see what we can do" trick, but it was surprisingly good.

Verizon paid off my wife's phone outright (like $80), paid mine off in installments (basically credited my monthly payment for the remainder of the $200) and put us on their "Loyalty Unlimited" for $80 a month. In total. we went from paying $180-200/month to $90 a month with a better plan. I would encourage Verizon customers to give them a call before switching. I'm not a Verizon loyalist by any means, though we have had the best coverage with them.

I'm glad to hear the switch to Spectrum was a good one for you!

That's interesting! I was a Verizon Wireless customer for over 20 years. I called them 2x and went into their stores on 2 different occasions to ask if they could do anything for me.... NOPE! The best they could do was to set up auto-pay for me to save $10! That's a great deal they gave you! 

We have 5 phones on my Verizon acct. I moved my 11yr olds iPhone to spectrum last month, I was so darn happy to move it from Verizon to spectrum I walked out of their feeling like I won a million bucks. He didn't notice a bit of difference. We're in the process of moving the other 4 soon 

This is very encouraging. I may just have to go online and see what I can save. Currently we have 2 phones with 8gb of shared data and pay $125 a month which Isn’t bad compared to what some of you are saying you pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I happened to be thinking about this post and thought I would give an update. It's been over a year now that we switched 4 phones over from Verizon to Spectrum Mobile. We have not had one single issue and saved over $100/month! I wasn't sure what to expect after being a Verizon customer for 20+ years, but we're very happy we made the switch!

• Like 4