Show your dogs/puppies

NYBowhunter

• 4 weeks later...

Yosemite Sam is our lab, then the 2 beagle are Yukon Cornelius, and Elmer Fudd. The oldest beagle will be 16 this year he did his fair share of rabbit hunting . Now he likes to dream about it which he earned. 

Cadence Yose.jpg

Company_Picnic_2010 063.jpg

20200322_093217.jpg

Edited by biggamefish
  • Like 6

I just said to mama crappy this is a perfect time to get a new pup - we are all home, great distraction for the kids, encourage physical activity, fully control the training since we are home, etc,

Mama said, if you bring a dog here I will volunteer at the local hospital to test COVID patients without protection.

She’s not a dog person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly 15 years of faithful companionship, I had to put my beloved Max down last August. He was just shy of being 16 years old.

If a man has the opportunity to have one great dog on his life, he should count himself as very fortunate. Max was a one in a million dug.

The following two images were taken in the winter of 2005/2006. Max was about 2 years old.

jIa2jEz.jpg

psQBnLX.jpg

The following was taken in 2009. I met this guy on huntingny forum. He brought his 14 year old son up from Loweville for his first bird hunt. They were missing birds at first. I explained to them that they had to shoot where the bird would be, not where it was when they shot. They soon got their act together and had a successful hunt.

They paid to have 8 birds released. we had about 12 flushes and they got 7.

OdVOlAu.jpg

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 3

My girlfriend Sally. Best dog I’ve ever been fortunate enough to partner with. Good birder but it’s been 8 yrs since any real hunt. Bad hips. 13 now and loves to lay out on the deck and bark at the howling coyotes but the deer walking by at ten yards get a pass. 

7B95359A-DA64-4F55-9416-32D76B767C52.jpeg

7F0AB160-FAD8-45BE-92D5-E6F9AE469144.jpeg

• Like 5

Small munsterlander. First bird dog, so this is going to be a learning curve lol

You are gonna love it! Obedience training is almost more important that hunting training IMO ...his/her instincts will take over on the hunt but s/he always needs to behave, listen and “do your biddings”

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

You are gonna love it! Obedience training is almost more important that hunting training IMO ...his/her instincts will take over on the hunt but s/he always needs to behave, listen and “do your biddings”

Thats what I read. I might pay a friend to train it or help me train it

Thats what I read. I might pay a friend to train it or help me train it

I don’t know man...all the trainer does is train the dog....the biggest problem with disobedient dogs is an owner that doesn’t know what they are doing! If you do it and can commit to it than you and that pup are golden!

• Like 1