2020 Colt Python

turkeyfeathers

Very cool and not all that much for a high quality firearm...However, I'd rather pay the xtra bucks for a high luster blued finish like the ole Pythons...

My buddy has an original Royal Blue 6" that he bought for about $300 quite a few years ago...Beautiful handgun...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I would love one also but Erie county told me I can’t ...

Fight it.  A friend was told no for a DWI back in the 80's.......his wife went bullshit on them, they said OK.  Business owner like you, Suppa Zuppa.

40 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You gotta be NUTS  !! There is a reason they put a shoulder stock behind some of those more powerful rounds  !!

Hehehehe..Just busting balls...If large caliber handguns are your thing and you enjoy it, Have a ball  !!

If I were to get another big bore  revolver it would be a 460 s&w . I think the 480 ruger is about as big as I want to shoot on a regular basis. It will work for any animal in north america .

$1499 is not chump change by any stretch but considering that the old Pythons are bringing $3000 and above this new version if made anything close to what the old model was like it would be a good buy. The high end S&W revolvers are pretty much in the same ballpark price wise.

I purchased a new nickel plated Python with a 6 inch barrel back in the late seventies, it was in a class of it's own in both quality and accuracy. It was not only the best handgun I ever owned but may well be the best firearm I have ever owned. I killed a couple of Deer with it and a whole bunch of Woodchucks. When one handles and shoots a Python they will come away impressed, they reek of quality. I have committed a few boners when wheel and dealing firearms and trading that Python was probably the biggest, I may just remedy that mistake if these new ones are close to as nice as the originals.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Fight it.  A friend was told no for a DWI back in the 80's.......his wife went bullshit on them, they said OK.  Business owner like you, Suppa Zuppa.

I asked an Erie county sheriffs why I have a clean background. The letter they sent was a very generic saying I wasn’t %100 honest with my past. I submitted all of my speeding and cell phone tickets. He said it’s random and besides NYC it’s the hardest place in the country to get a permit. I already exhausted enough of my time downtown and lost the money I spent for the application. Screw them I think it’s BS that 1 judge gets to make the decision on who gets one and who doesn’t. 

3 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I asked an Erie county sheriffs why I have a clean background. The letter they sent was a very generic saying I wasn’t %100 honest with my past. I submitted all of my speeding and cell phone tickets. He said it’s random and besides NYC it’s the hardest place in the country to get a permit. I already exhausted enough of my time downtown and lost the money I spent for the application. Screw them I think it’s BS that 1 judge gets to make the decision on who gets one and who doesn’t. 

Do we have an attorney on this site that can help.......??

I believe we do!

• Like 1

I personally would not let that denial rest as there are states where any single denial automatically makes you ineligible for their permits. Utah being one of them and Maine too I believe and New Hampshire

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Big time garbage.....my Dad and I just took a ride the other day to Erie PA and got a Pennsylvania permit in 10 minutes. Turned in a one page application, payed 20 bucks and had our pic taken buy a sherrifs deputy. The deputy barely even spoke to us and said we'll receive our permit in 3 weeks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Do we have an attorney on this site that can help.......??

I believe we do!

@sodfather There is a lawyer by the name of Peter Vasiliion at 8845 Sheridan Dr @ Shimerville that might be able to help. I've had limited dealings with him, which went well. His website is

http://www.pvasilionlaw.com/practice-areas/pistol-permit-matters/ The google reviews are surprisingly mixed. Not sure how much stock I would put in them, however, given my positive dealings with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2