2020 Colt Python

turkeyfeathers

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Wow sorry to hear that . The other day I talked to a guy who has his permit from a different county then where he lives because, he owns rental properties there . My daughter moved to Erie and we were nervous about transferring her Unrestricted  permit there, as your packet is sent from previous county, then Erie calls you in and you go through some of their bs. 

The county that issued her permit, said she could do that OR, they would put her Buffalo address on her permit and notify the a State Police of her new address and bypass Erie altogether.

On one  a forum , nyfirearms ,there’s always guys with your issues, and many have resolved them . Some very knowledgeable guys there as well as gun instructors,and attorneys who specialize in these things. Some have simply requested a hearing and pleaded their case .

that's a big bunch of BS in my mind. i fully believe permitting in NY with exceptions of maybe the four city limits should be the same throughout NYS. moving shouldn't change requirements or restrictions. only who holds your records. when people try to get one it's the same no matter the county. From restrictions to when a pistol needs to be purchased it's different county to county and that's wrong.

• Like 1

So Erie county permit office just told me many get unrestricted but a lot of people still have target/hunting or personal protection permits. Once you have the target/hunting you can ask to have the restrictions removed after 6 months or so and most of the time it is granted, unless there are issues with background...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Big time garbage.....my Dad and I just took a ride the other day to Erie PA and got a Pennsylvania permit in 10 minutes. Turned in a one page application, payed 20 bucks and had our pic taken buy a sherrifs deputy. The deputy barely even spoke to us and said we'll receive our permit in 3 weeks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If ł recall correctly they printed mine same day and ł walked out with the actual permit all done in less than an hour even with a few people ahead of me in line.

Smethport PA

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

We went down to Erie....I was fully expecting to receive the card right away...but the sheriff said he was waiting for an assistant to process the cards.

Oh that sucks! There was literally no one there when I went. The deputy was a jerk, didn't say a word to me, input the info the clerk gave him, pointed and waved for me to stand up to get my photo taken and printed the card. I said thanks and Merry Christmas to him and he didn't even look at me.

Oh that sucks! There was literally no one there when I went. The deputy was a jerk, didn't say a word to me, input the info the clerk gave him, pointed and waved for me to stand up to get my photo taken and printed the card. I said thanks and Merry Christmas to him and he didn't even look at me.

Must have been the same guy....didn't say a word to us.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i bought a Sig P226 Elite Scorpion 9mm for $1200. so a colt revolver isn't necessarily out of the question. it'd be cheaper than msrp on the website though.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I have a couple of Sigs, they are readily  available. My guess is that Colt will certainly do the same with this as they did with the KC Target, very limited release and no one was able to order me one. I ended up making the purchase at GunBroker and believe I paid the MSRP. Some auctions were up to 50% higher than the MSRP at times. On Tuesday I ordered a Browning BLR from H&H in Lackawanna, I'm picking it up on Monday and will certainly inquire about ordering the Python, but I already know what she will tell me.

Edited by Don_C

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

For Florida don't you have to get your fingerprints from a cop?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes. IIRC, it wasn't required when I first got it, but was required for the renewal. Erie county made me go to some company for fingerprints. Wonder how they got the contract . . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_C said:

Maybe, but I doubt it. I have a couple of Sigs, they are readily  available. My guess is that Colt will certainly do the same with this as they did with the KC Target, very limited release and no one was able to order me one. I ended up making the purchase at GunBroker and believe I paid the MSRP. Some auctions were up to 50% higher than the MSRP at times. On Tuesday I ordered a Browning BLR from H&H in Lackawanna, I'm picking it up on Monday and will certainly inquire about ordering the Python, but I already know what she will tell me.

hard to say. early on when first release guns are always hard to get before they're gone or spoken for. in time you see them kicking around more Python I have to think will be in demand enough. time will tell. gun broker is all over the place with pricing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

So who’d stay with iron sights if you bought one ? 

Well depends,  A range gun then I probably would stick with irons .  If I was using it for hunting I would use a red dot or scope. 

5 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Well depends,  A range gun then I probably would stick with irons .  If I was using it for hunting I would use a red dot or scope. 

Assuming gun would have to be drilled and tapped then ? I sorta want one .  Currently looking into selling my spleen , pancreas and a kidney 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Assuming gun would have to be drilled and tapped then ? I sorta want one .  Currently looking into selling my spleen , pancreas and a kidney 

I know weaver makes a mount for the older pythons,  weigand and B square used to also. So they might work on a new one. 
Oh just  throw on the bunny suit and start doing kids party’s , you’ll have the money in no time :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

So who’d stay with iron sights if you bought one ? 

I love a good quality scope but I stay with open sights when it comes to handguns, I view hunting with them as a challenge. More of a shorter range proposition and hunt with them having range-distance restrictions much the same as I did with a bow or my old shotgun slug guns.

I try to keep my handguns simple, light weight, compact, handy and loaded with quality ammo that is as accurate as possible. A scoped handgun starts becoming cumbersome-clunky and loses it's handgun appeal-allure for me, so as long as I can see to shoot accurately enough to take game with open sights there will be no scopes.

I have no problem with those folks that use a scope or optical sight, go with whatever suits you best.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:31 AM, Nomad said:

Wow sorry to hear that . The other day I talked to a guy who has his permit from a different county then where he lives because, he owns rental properties there . My daughter moved to Erie and we were nervous about transferring her Unrestricted  permit there, as your packet is sent from previous county, then Erie calls you in and you go through some of their bs. 

The county that issued her permit, said she could do that OR, they would put her Buffalo address on her permit and notify the a State Police of her new address and bypass Erie altogether.

On one  a forum , nyfirearms ,there’s always guys with your issues, and many have resolved them . Some very knowledgeable guys there as well as gun instructors,and attorneys who specialize in these things. Some have simply requested a hearing and pleaded their case .

I was nervous moving from wayne to monroe. this was about 4 years ago now. Both counties websites were confusing on what the proper process was and this is when i learned how messed up our state system is. Anyhow, what ended up happening was wayne informed me there was no reason or law required for me to re-apply or whatever in monroe but that they would change my address on my current permit and i think I paid like $5 for a reprint. I went through the renewal in 18 and it was all approved, so I assume it's good.

If this isn't kosher hopefully somebody doesn't track me down now lol. but thought i'd share.