Just don't understand this.....

First-light

I was trying to play this scenario out.

1. shooter saw movement and shot one bullet.  Daughter and father were perfectly lined up like some chessy Final Destination type of horror movie.  Even then, the daughters head is at the fathers stomach level so the father wouldn't have passed instantly given them enough time to get him to a hospital so the daughter must have been standing on a tree stump while perfectly lined up with her dad while he was making noises.

2. the shooter saw movement and sprayed the area like Mac from Predator when Blaine was killed.

3. the shooter owed the father money and he couldn't leave any witnesses.

I mean not to be funny but basically this wasn't an accident.

Edited by Elmo

This all comes down to stupidity. We can infer that:

1. They were shooting at movement/sound

2. They did not identify their target nor what's beyond. 

3. They sent multiple rounds down range at an unknown target. 

There are now two ppl dead because Jethro and Bubba didn't follow some simple safety rules. 

They deserve to be prosecuted. Now before I get crucified....yes accidents happen, but would this accident have happened if they were following the firearm safety basics? 

10 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

And do they wear orange down there ? Do they have to?

On WMA lands during any gun and muzzleloader hunting season for deer, bear and hogs, all hunters, including small game hunters, must wear either a hat, coat, or vest of solid visible international orange. Archery hunters during archery only deer seasons and hunters for dove, turkey, ducks, geese and other migratory birds (including crows) are exempt from this requirement while hunting for those species.

Don't know about private land?

I read this yesterday, and it hit me hard, especially since I'm a new dad. I can't imagine what the family is going through. 

This is what happens when "hunters" get careless. I think most of us on here will agree that we can never forget the basics of firearm safety and hunting etiquette. 

Regardless of what happens to the responsible party, nothing will bring these 2 back, and it should be a reminder to all of us just how much responsibility we all carry with us when we head to the woods.