Stings and cables

2012_taco

I picked up a PSE Fang a couple of years ago. It was from a dealer and never used so it was new just not brand new. My question is how often should the strings and cables be replaced? I assume that because of the pressure they must be under when cocked for an all day hunt that they probably don't last long? I realize that they are designed for this but it kinda scares me! I heard that you should replace every 2 years but most guys replace every 4-5 years? Bottom line I think I should get new ones before next season! Now it's a question of where do I go to get it done?

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.

Alabama Archery in Basom NY is a PSE dealer. I purchased my bow from them and several of our club members also give them all their archery business. Great small family operation now being run by the kids they could handle that for you I would suspect. Its probably a 30-45 min drive for you. 

Alabama Archery

1327 Lewiston Rd (20.12 mi)
Basom, New York 14013

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Alabama Archery in Basom NY is a PSE dealer. I purchased my bow from them and several of our club members also give them all their archery business. Great small family operation now being run by the kids they could handle that for you I would suspect. Its probably a 30-45 min drive for you. 

Alabama Archery

1327 Lewiston Rd (20.12 mi)
Basom, New York 14013

Billy Jr and Zach, solid guys

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Doc's archery is a PSE dealer as well . It sucks using the dealers string builder though ,it's nice to give that business to the small shops who build strings as good or better then the big names. 

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Billy Jr and Zach, solid guys

contributing on a crossbow thread, nice!

Taco - I would examine it and determine it that way. On my excalibur, i change the string every 3-4 years myself since it's a recurve with no cams. It takes 5 minutes. But when in doubt, have a local shop take a look. My Dad goes through xbow strings much faster. I think he catches the string on thorns and brush way more than i do.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Taco - I would examine it and determine it that way. On my excalibur, i change the string every 3-4 years myself since it's a recurve with no cams. It takes 5 minutes. But when in doubt, have a local shop take a look. My Dad goes through xbow strings much faster. I think he catches the string on thorns and brush way more than i do.

It just proves how little i know about cross guns . 

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tim is a Battle of Falkirk re-enactor at Fort Niagara every Saturday in the Winter. If he hunted with it I would not have offered my advice

• Haha 2