Air fryers

Got one a couple of years ago as a Christmas gift from the kids and it sat in it's box in a cupboard for over a year until they asked how we liked it. Got it out and gave it a trial run and fell in love with it, began using it just about every day myself. My only complaint it was only a 3.5 qt capacity and for a glutton like myself it was not big enough and was always doing two batches.

Got on Amazon and checked for a larger capacity model with a decent rating and went with the model below, twice the size of the first model this one you can pour a whole large bag of fries or chicken tenders-wings, or a whole chicken for example and get things cooked in one shot.

Al

2020-01-27_112940.png

Edited by airedale

7 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Just threw in some pizza logs.....they came out awesome. I am now hooked.ed6d6f08d77c9d81252652c9d560c49c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just bought egg roll wrappers to use to make my own pizza rolls. Going to make spicy Italian sausage ( venison ) and Costanzas pepperoni mixed ones soon 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok, ok, OKAY!!! Mrs Squirrel has been after me to get one. Now i'm sold. I will be air frying something this weekend.

Any suggestions as to a model I should look for?

these things were all over the place on sale during the holidays, I'd say wait and get a killer deal.

18 hours ago, Fletch said:

I was gifted the Power Air fryer Oven it has racks instead of the bucket. So far I am a fan but have just done wings on it which come out awesome. Next up fried pickles!

This might be the one I saw on TV . I saw the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer that works as a Air Fryer , Roaster , Toaster , Dehydrator and has a Rotating Rotisserie . The unit has removable racks . Right now , it goes for $200 . Looking for a deal .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

This might be the one I saw on TV . I saw the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer that works as a Air Fryer , Roaster , Toaster , Dehydrator and has a Rotating Rotisserie . The unit has removable racks . Right now , it goes for $200 . Looking for a deal .

I bought the bigger unit,I believe it is called family size,I paid $239+tax,includes shipping.That was directly from his website, I looked everywhere else,e-bay,amazon+numerous other site and his was the cheapest.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

I bought the bigger unit,I believe it is called family size,I paid $239+tax,includes shipping.That was directly from his website, I looked everywhere else,e-bay,amazon+numerous other site and his was the cheapest.

I think my wife got it on Black Friday for a real good price.

Im curious how an air fryer compares to a convection oven, and convection baking in a racked pan, so air can get underneath??
i notice convection baking cooks a lot faster, sometimes too fast for whatever it is you are baking.
You always have to adjust time and Temp lower for a convection oven from the recipe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...