The Quest for 1,000 Inches (2019)

BizCT

1 hour ago, NonTypical said:

What happened? Too busy texting? Lol

I left the shooting stick in the car that morning ,half way to my stand I realized it and thought I could just shoot offhand from a chair , I couldnt. I actually forgot my phone in the house that morning.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

I deleted the conversation off my old phone and it was almost at 19,000 messages . We're thinking of turning the good stuff into a coffee table book to fund a hunting trip.

As an English teacher, I was asked to glean the golden nuggets from the 19,000 texts.
First draft of the worthy material....

2f57d285cbddab854d88b50b58719fbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

i have to say i think this was somewhat  doomed from the beginning.  1000 inches of antler is 166" per person.  Which is a very loft goal in NY.   Although you have 250 inches almost guaranteed with two buck Larry and you have most of the field in trophy WNY country, I'm thinking 7 people for 1000 which is 142.9 " is more realistic.  But i like the setting the bar high!  You might want to take in another applicant, possibly a 500 word essay contest in the form of a text message so that you know they are up to the task.      

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i have to say i think this was somewhat  doomed from the beginning.  1000 inches of antler is 166" per person.  Which is a very loft goal in NY.   Although you have 250 inches almost guaranteed with two buck Larry and you have most of the field in trophy WNY country, I'm thinking 7 people for 1000 which is 142.9 " is more realistic.  But i like the setting the bar high!  You might want to take in another applicant, possibly a 500 word essay contest in the form of a text message so that you know they are up to the task.      

We had the goal nailed ,only one guy screwed it up.

• Like 1

I am forming a team to compete with the WNY/Biz crew.  Please send your resume to me.  Those selected will be notified.  $50 application fee applies.  But if you find 3 more for the team, you will receive 1/2 of their application fee and so on and so on.  The bigger the team, the better.  I think that's how it works.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I am forming a team to compete with the WNY/Biz crew.  Please send your resume to me.  Those selected will be notified.  $50 application fee applies.  But if you find 3 more for the team, you will receive 1/2 of their application fee and so on and so on.  The bigger the team, the better.  I think that's how it works.

Whoo-hoo, I'll have to spiff up my resume for Team Pyramid! :sungum:

59 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Who would want to read a 500 word text? I would have trouble writing a text that long :heat:

I may set a 300" goal for myself this year...but who do i text :mosking:

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Who would want to read a 500 word text? I would have trouble writing a text that long :heat:

I may set a 300" goal for myself this year...but who do i text :mosking:

sounds like the texting skill is a big qualification for this club.  Might be more of a requirement than actual hunting skillz.  lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Honestly, I could care less about the resume.  Application fee talks!

I'm in for team moog!!!

Where do I send the application fee??? 

Worth double the fee to get another invite to hunt the short stand in Mendon! As I saw one of the biggest bucks of my life from that stand! And a couple other real "nice" ones!!!!

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

sounds like the texting skill is a big qualification for this club.  Might be more of a requirement than actual hunting skillz.  lol 

Having hunting skills are over rated however text skill's are key to a good time in the woods. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Assuming the texts started on October 1st and Ended on the 15th of December which is the entire Deer Season that averages to about 250 text messages a day. Now of course I'm sure you guys started earlier than that and ended even later. 

250 texts per day is a LIGHT DAY even in the offseason. 250 total texts before 11am is very common.

• Like 2