WNY Predator Slam

We have had zero luck. I missed a fox this morning. We are very new at this and have zero idea what were doing. I've got a foxpro patriot.  I start out with distress calls then eventually to coyote howls. I run each distress call 5 min each. The howls I let it go 1 or 2 howls then maybe 2 min break. Were at each set about 45-50 min. We've had 2 coyotes howl the past 2 nights but have not come in. Any help is needed lol I thought tonight would be good but it got very windy and rain/snow mix. 

• Like 2

We have had zero luck. I missed a fox this morning. We are very new at this and have zero idea what were doing. I've got a foxpro patriot.  I start out with distress calls then eventually to coyote howls. I run each distress call 5 min each. The howls I let it go 1 or 2 howls then maybe 2 min break. Were at each set about 45-50 min. We've had 2 coyotes howl the past 2 nights but have not come in. Any help is needed lol I thought tonight would be good but it got very windy and rain/snow mix. 
What area are you hunting ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

So I won a coyote decoy. Will this help? How and where do you place it
I have one. Used very little, but I like to use it late season when the "rut" is on and dogs are out looking. I just put it out in plain view by the call.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I have one. Used very little, but I like to use it late season when the "rut" is on and dogs are out looking. I just put it out in plain view by the call.

Whens the "rut"

We got skunked, buddy pull the trigger on a fox behind my house at 50 yards...unfortunately he never chambered a round... bumped 2 yotes out of a field walking in, couldnt convince them to come back. Night got cut short by my buddies getting sick. But the weigh in is always worth the drive. Won a new scope for my new 204 ruger! Now i get to join the night vision crowd!

20200105_160422.jpg

• Like 16

My buddy and his so called partner(who volunteered him to his team lol) called in 9 coyotes Friday night across 9 sets, my buddies thermal optic failed so he had to resort back to red light and rifle scope combo for the contest.. He pulled the trigger on 2 dogs and killed 2. His partner whom has 9k invested in thermal, scope & scanner, pulled the trigger on 4 dogs that night most all of them chip shots. and missed every single one he shot at. I think they would have done very well had his partner not missed, and not bailed on him for Saturday night. 

25 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

My buddy and his so called partner(who volunteered him to his team lol) called in 9 coyotes Friday night across 9 sets, my buddies thermal optic failed so he had to resort back to red light and rifle scope combo for the contest.. He pulled the trigger on 2 dogs and killed 2. His partner whom has 9k invested in thermal, scope & scanner, pulled the trigger on 4 dogs that night most all of them chip shots. and missed every single one he shot at. I think they would have done very well had his partner not missed, and not bailed on him for Saturday night. 

jesus $9k and skunked. i'd be drinking heavily after that night.

19 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

We got skunked, buddy pull the trigger on a fox behind my house at 50 yards...unfortunately he never chambered a round... bumped 2 yotes out of a field walking in, couldnt convince them to come back. Night got cut short by my buddies getting sick. But the weigh in is always worth the drive. Won a new scope for my new 204 ruger! Now i get to join the night vision crowd!

20200105_160422.jpg

Love to see a review on this scope after you get it figured out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

20200105_160422.jpg

nice! Where'd you win that sweet thang? 

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice showing ! What was heaviest coyote ? Buddy has caught I think 12 now trapping with a few +50 pounds on scale 

Total was i believe 37 coyotes and somewere around 130 fox i believe. Heaviest yote was 48lbs and change. 

One team brought in 29 fox. Crazy.

• Like 1