Trade labor for hunting permission?

stubborn1VT

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in letting my hunt their property in trade for labor.  I don't have money for a lease, but I do have some skills and equipment that I could offer for "payment".  

I was thinking of something like this: A long weekend of labor over the spring/summer for at least a long weekend of hunting.  

I can bring: chainsaws, walk-behind brush cutter, walk behind tiller, small stump grinder, other hand tools, farming and food plotting experience and insurance.  I run a one-man "land care" business in Vermont.  I cut trees, clear brush, brush-hog, rototill, prune and sell firewood.

I am looking for: a place to hunt with a crossbow or a rifle, some leads on lodging, general hunting advice.  I am particularly interested in hunting during the first 2 weeks in November. I'm not looking for a guided hunt, more of a base of operations.  I had this in mind when I joined the forum 3 years ago, but I have never hunted in NY.  I live near Lake Champlain and I'm not far from the NZ/SZ border.  It's not important that I kill a deer, but I sure would like to see some.  

I have been hunting for 30+ years.  I am a "sitter" as opposed to a stand hunter.  I am a meat hunter, but I try to shoot 2.5 year old bucks.  I am not opposed to shooting does, but haven't taken one in 11 or 12 years.  I have killed 1-2 bucks a year for the last 10 years.  

I meant to do this sooner, but now seems like a good time.  I run my own business and set my own schedule.  

If you are interested, feel free to message me or reply to this thread.  

• Like 1