Pup came home today.

Nytracker

Golden Retriever I take it.  I've owned four in my life and presently have one.  Best dog ever for kids.  And oh, what a nose.  Present one makes a hobby of going into woods and within minutes brings out a deer part.   She also tracks and finds field mice better than any cat I ever met.

Her sister is a very gentle Pitbull that she raised and adores.  Pitbull got in a tussle with a porcupine last year and came out of woods with a few quills in her.  She showed it to her sister whining.  Golden would have none of that and raced into woods.  Well there's one less porcupine but Tilly had about seventy quills in her everywhere.

Don't mess with my sister

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Mom weaned  so he came home early . Hour and a half drive home . Didn't make much noise.  Slept most of the way.

20200104_093245.thumb.jpg.ece474286bab600fd78273de4289f67b.jpg

Sleepy little slug. Ate a half a cup of food and passed out . 

What a GREAT picture !!! Except for that ugly, sleepy bastard on the top right.....Hehehehe...

• Haha 1

First day in the books . Eats like a horse... has a nose. Smelled breakfast sitting on the counter top , plops down in front and howls.  Lmao.

Cried at bedtime for 20 minutes. 

Woke me up at 3:30. Out  peed. 

430 howling back out 1 and 2. Slept until 6.

Woke me up out again and starving boy wanted breakfast. 

Just settled in for a nap .

Miss Ellie wants to play with  him but she doesnt understand he is a baby.  Ran him over a couple times .nocked  him  over while sniffing him over .20200104_190505.thumb.jpg.3de3400790a54aa87f672ed27de23664.jpg

Nock on wood no accidents  in the house for day one. No accidents  in the crate either. 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 10

IMG_20200105_140116023.thumb.jpg.6df3c19e22ce67912b02f78e3f2ee403.jpgDay 2 in the books  great day no accidents . Only cried a little and was asleep in 5 minutes. Ruger woke up at 430 this morning  out and back in cried for 5 minutes . Got about 20 minutes sleep and alarm went off.  He is alone until misses  tracker comes home on her lunch hour. He is going to be a chewer.  .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Day 2 in the books  great day no accidents . Only cried a little and was asleep in 5 minutes. Ruger woke up at 430 this morning  out and back in cried for 5 minutes . Got about 20 minutes sleep and alarm went off.  He is alone until misses  tracker comes home on her lunch hour. He is going to be a chewer.  .

That’s awesome, our golden we had potty trained very very easily. To me that’s a sign of a smart dog. 

Had our first accident last night . Ruger has found his legs . Little guy runs flat out full tilt all the time.  He was playing pretty hard when all the sudden he ran to the back door before I could get my shoes on he wet. My fault . He made the effort.  He is a pretty smart pup. No accidents in his crate. He has gained 12oz in 4 days