Pup came home today.

Nytracker

8 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Had our first accident last night . Ruger has found his legs . Little guy runs flat out full tilt all the time.  He was playing pretty hard when all the sudden he ran to the back door before I could get my shoes on he wet. My fault . He made the effort.  He is a pretty smart pup. No accidents in his crate. He has gained 12oz in 4 days 

Little piglet.  

So ruger went to see the vet yesterday. Had a text message  from the breeder that 2 pups from his litter had contracted parvo.  My SIL is a vet. We watched him close for 4 days.  First signs of parvo is diarrhea  and lethargy. At 10 days he would have tested positive.  The 2 pups that contracted parvo went home 3 days before we picked ruger up . Rather than take a chance I took him in to  be tested . He tested negative . Thank god .  Parvo is up too 90 percent fatal for a pup.

$160 bucks for check up and test .Worth it for peace of  mind..SIL doesnt own the practice .  He goes back next friday for next shots and follow  up .

On a high note aunt doc says he is a fat healthy pup.  He gained 2lbs  since monday .Have to start cutting back his food. 

I have always carried Ruger down and up the deck steps to go potty. Yesterday  morning he walked to the steps and put his front legs up .  3 trips later with a little  coaxing he climed up all 9  steps.  Good times .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

So ruger went to see the vet yesterday. Had a text message  from the breeder that 2 pups from his litter had contracted parvo.  My SIL is a vet. We watched him close for 4 days.  First signs of parvo is diarrhea  and lethargy. At 10 days he would have tested positive.  The 2 pups that contracted parvo went home 3 days before we picked ruger up . Rather than take a chance I took him in to  be tested . He tested negative . Thank god .  Parvo is up too 90 percent fatal for a pup.

$160 bucks for check up and test .Worth it for peace of  mind..SIL doesnt own the practice .  He goes back next friday for next shots and follow  up .

On a high note aunt doc says he is a fat healthy pup.  He gained 2lbs  since monday .Have to start cutting back his food. 

I have always carried Ruger down and up the deck steps to go potty. Yesterday  morning he walked to the steps and put his front legs up .  3 trips later with a little  coaxing he climed up all 9  steps.  Good times .

Wow... Glad Ruger dodged that bullet.  Pun intended. 

Stella is still in the clumsy puppy stage, even at 11 months.  She jumps from the top step, only 3 steps, but still can't get the brain and legs to work together climbing them.  Lol.  She's getting better at it though.  Don't think she seen a stair before we took her in.  

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, Nytracker said:

Mom weaned  so he came home early . Hour and a half drive home . Didn't make much noise.  Slept most of the way.

20200104_093245.thumb.jpg.ece474286bab600fd78273de4289f67b.jpg

Sleepy little slug. Ate a half a cup of food and passed out . 

Every couple weeks you should update this with a photo or two.  (Just a suggestion from the gallery)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just put my 12 year old chocolate down Tuesday ughhhh that sucked. Still have my 13 yr black. Cherish these days with her my friend.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I can’t imagine doing it but I know her time with us is winding down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20200119_090542.thumb.jpg.86723811edc254fd18f8e034fc360884.jpg

Lightly frosted ..  ruger  loves the snow .

Not so much the wind . And has it been windy here.

Went to see Aunt doc friday . Got his shots up to date . Having a worm issue .... haven't dealt with that in years .  Yuck!  My dogs get heart worm medicine and it's good for all peracite. He obviously  got it from his mother.

He only gained a pound in the week. 

Cutting his meals  to 3 times a day but bumping the quantity. 

• Like 6