Cuomo proposes further restrictions on legal GUN owners

Governor Cuomo Unveils 18th Proposal of 2020 State of the State: Banning Untraceable "Ghost Guns" by Requiring Firearm Parts be Treated as Guns and Have a Serial Number...

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-unveils-18th-proposal-2020-state-state-banning-untraceable-ghost-guns-requiring

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Edited by WNY_Whitetailer
  • Like 1

He's too stupid to know you can build a firearm from all sorts of metal, springs and pipes in your own basement, without ordering anything online or buying it at a gun store.

He's the governor because many people in the state of NY are even stupider than he is.

• Like 2

from one perspective, as a law abiding gun owner I can get behind this. I've never had a problem with registration and tracking in its purest form, what it can lead to is the biggest concern though and I see it playing out as we speak. From another, "I've been dicked over before" perspective, all this does is make it harder for collectors and hobbyists. I'll probably never build a gun now that I cannot build an AR. But the online age is what makes this part of the hobby more interesting and fun. Taking that away, coupled with decreasing number of stores in state only tightens the clamp on the legal gun owner. 

The criminal will continue to buy illegal guns off the streets and not give a flying f about this law anyhow. And Andy and his cronies know that, and for this and many other reasons, people continue to leave the state.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

from one perspective, as a law abiding gun owner I can get behind this. I've never had a problem with registration and tracking in its purest form, what it can lead to is the biggest concern though and I see it playing out as we speak. From another, "I've been dicked over before" perspective, all this does is make it harder for collectors and hobbyists. I'll probably never build a gun now that I cannot build an AR. But the online age is what makes this part of the hobby more interesting and fun. Taking that away, coupled with decreasing number of stores in state only tightens the clamp on the legal gun owner. 

The criminal will continue to buy illegal guns off the streets and not give a flying f about this law anyhow. And Andy and his cronies know that, and for this and many other reasons, people continue to leave the state.

I can't get behind any of these stupid laws that only attack the law abiding gun owner.....What is the statistic on criminals building a "ghost" gun? The percentage, if it isn't 0% has to be so low it doesn't even make a blip. You have to ask yourself, what are these laws doing to stop criminals. The answer IMO is nothing. Safe Act, Safe Act part II, Safe Act part III if it is put into law. None of it does anything to protect law abiding citizens and nothing to stop the criminals. Every step is an attack on the law abiding gun owner and it's purpose is to make it such a PIA to own a firearm that law abiding citizens either won't bother or become criminals themselves. Win Win for those that want to rid us of our firearms and rights, all while claiming they believe in the second amendment and our right to own a gun. You just have to jump through so many hoops to own that gun it isn't worth it.....How many people don't get their pistol permit for no other reason than it is a giant PIA? 

• Like 2

similar to the ammo online law, this one particular law seems to target the educated white male who might decide to take out a church or school. I know that's a reality in this world, but if that guy is smart enough and determined enough he will still get around it.

this law isn't about cleaning up dewey ave. 

and it's just normal law abiding, safe owning, gun club members that pay the price.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I can't get behind any of these stupid laws that only attack the law abiding gun owner.....What is the statistic on criminals building a "ghost" gun? The percentage, if it isn't 0% has to be so low it doesn't even make a blip. You have to ask yourself, what are these laws doing to stop criminals. The answer IMO is nothing. Safe Act, Safe Act part II, Safe Act part III if it is put into law. None of it does anything to protect law abiding citizens and nothing to stop the criminals. Every step is an attack on the law abiding gun owner and it's purpose is to make it such a PIA to own a firearm that law abiding citizens either won't bother or become criminals themselves. Win Win for those that want to rid us of our firearms and rights, all while claiming they believe in the second amendment and our right to own a gun. You just have to jump through so many hoops to own that gun it isn't worth it.....How many people don't get their pistol permit for no other reason than it is a giant PIA? 

I said the same thing about how many ghost guns were used in crimes. It was sold as there being a huger percentage increase. I said to myself "yeah, from .0001% up to .001%? 

21 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I said the same thing about how many ghost guns were used in crimes. It was sold as there being a huger percentage increase. I said to myself "yeah, from .0001% up to .001%? 

he's like the liberal version of trump. reads too many sensationalized left wing headlines and just starts doing stuff and spouting nonsense without the actual research and expert opinions. 

Governor Andrew Cuomo is obsessed with ineffective gun control measures.  His supporters have tried to trick gun owners by calling gun control “gun safety”.  Sad who the politicians fail to go legislate corrective measures against the two main causes of violent crime, the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs; and the failed mental health system that is allowing the violently mentally ill loose in society.

Still Cuomo’s 2020 State of the State is not addressing and probably always will:

·         Reducing taxes.

·         Reducing crime.

·         Young people leaving New York to work elsewhere.

·         Wasteful spending by politicians.

• Like 1

It is important to recognize that Governor Andrew Cuomo:

Supports suicide using drugs prescribed by a doctor.  So it is a fact Cuomo supports suicide.  Now two thirds of deaths by firearms are suicide, but Cuomo will use those statistics to include them as "gun violence" when he tries to validate his “gun safety” agenda.

Supports gun buyback programs with no questions asked to dispose of guns that may have been used in a crime, assault or worse a murder!  The thugs will just turn in a stolen gun when they need a gift card to Walmart and then go steal another gun for their next crime.  No questions asked!

Rails against hate, but did not Cuomo say “Who are they? Right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay — if that’s who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”  (https://nypost.com/2014/01/18/gov-cuomo-to-conservatives-leave-ny/)  Cuomo hardly embraces the liberal mindset to embrace diversity and respect and love your fellow New Yorker..

Edited by ADK Native

12 hours ago, ADK Native said:

Governor Andrew Cuomo is obsessed with ineffective gun control measures.  His supporters have tried to trick gun owners by calling gun control “gun safety”.  Sad who the politicians fail to go legislate corrective measures against the two main causes of violent crime, the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs; and the failed mental health system that is allowing the violently mentally ill loose in society.

Still Cuomo’s 2020 State of the State is not addressing and probably always will:

·         Reducing taxes.

·         Reducing crime.

·         Young people leaving New York to work elsewhere.

·         Wasteful spending by politicians.

or the fact that, agree or not, he promised to legalize marijuana last year after his democratic opponent was inching closer to him. Here we are in 2020 and still only liquid vaping is allowed for medicinal use. 

Again, agree or not, it'll bring in tax revenue, possibly help some younger adults stay in state, reduce the criminal justice burden especially that affecting minorities. Are these not all things his party runs on? 

27 minutes ago, covert said:

Where you guys get jammed up is you still think it's about crime.  It has nothing to do with crime, it's all about control.

Agreed. Its just a ploy to control us and make us dependent on gov't. If they had their way only police and military would be allowed to have guns. Then when the s hits the fan, you have to go running to them for help. How can they stop the thug with the gun in your face demanding your wallet? They can't. My friend, Sig can tho. Go ahead, make it so difficult that a law abiding citizen can't get a gun....the bad guys still get them. F it...I'm gonna start carrying grenades!! Don't worry, I kno a guy. Fagedaboudit!  

I say we need to take the opposite approach...put a weapon in every law abiding citizen's hand. Encourage the good guys to be prepared to defend themselves. Get a weapon, train with it, be able to use it blindfolded, then hope you don't need it. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst!