Had to put Max down

fasteddie

Had to put Max down this morning . We have had our 18 year old cat , Max, for 16 years and he has been a wonderful friend . Max would follow my wife around the house and seek attention . Max would jump on my lap when I was in the LazyBoy chair and reach for my hand to pet him and scratch his head . He was a house cat and only got outside once . Max had bladder cancer that was inoperable . He wasn't in pain but he wouldn't eat and lost a lot of weight . It got to a point when he would just drink and go pee in the litter box . He wouldn't eat . Putting him down was really tough but we did what was best for Max and not for us .  I wouldn't stay in the room when they gave him the needles . I miss my friend already .

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 years is pretty good.  We had to put down a pair of cats that were brothers at 12 and 13 years of age, over the last year.  Our 15 and 16 year old daughters got them when they were kittens and they really took it hard.  The vet gave them little boxes with the ashes inside and their names on brass plates on the outside.   I think there is truth in the "Rainbow bridge" deal but the best cure for our girls was new kittens.    Now we have (2) female cats, one 12 months old and the other 2 months old, and everyone is happy again.

I always preferred dogs, but the good thing about cats is that they are self-sufficient, and can be left in the house for long weekends with no issues, with plenty of water, and automatic feeder, and a big litter-box.    You cant get away like that with a dog.          

Man, we love em so much. And it's a sad day when we say goodbye to our furry friends. They certainly make our loves better. And even when they grow old, it seems they leave us way too soon. So sorry you and your Mrs had to say goodbye to Max, Eddie.

I think I got something in my eye is all........