Treasure trove of hunting stuff

Al Bundy

I unearthed a box of hunting items this weekend that was stuffed in a closet. Lots of lead from the good old days. Slugs and slugs and slugs for 12 and 20. A few backtags, my old duck call, arrow knocks, old WASP blades. A veritable treasure trove. I was really hoping this was it for my three lost goose bands. If they were anywhere, it would have been here. I am afraid they are in the landfill somewhere. The best item I think I found was the receipt from my fathers 20 Ithaca featherlite. My mom and I went to Creekside in 1982 to pick it up for xmas. 

IMG_20200104_151411658[1].jpg

IMG_20200104_151423217[1].jpg

• Like 11

Cool! A number of years ago, my uncle offered me his Springfield .22 semi auto. I declined it as I had a surplus of .22s already.  Some time went by and in some of my dads stuff I found the factory hang tag/price tag from a Homer NY hardware store, for the Springfield .22! Dad had bought it for my Uncle for highschool graduation, if I remember now. Boy, I sure wish now I had taken the .22 for that connection (Unc sold it at a garage sale shortly after). 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I too was just a young man when we would make trips to Creekside. Still remember seeing 6-8 Winchester 88s NIB for $600! Of course 30 years that was impossible for me to swing. Bought a couple of guns there, but I didn't have that kind of money then.