Toe loop

hueyjazz

Granted I do know I have wide feet but I always have a miserable time sticking my foot in the loop to cock my bow with a string.  It's not like I wear tennis shoes hunting.  I wear big boots that keep my feet warm.  I've experienced this problem with three different crossbow.  One no name, one Barrett and last the Centerpoint.  I've resorted to tying a rope loop to factory loop so I can cock.  Anyone else have this issue or is this because mom and dad gave me duck feet?

I'd buy a loop extension in a second if I could find one.  Centerpoint is made by Crossman which is in my backyard almost.  It's not like they can't figure out how we dress in this climate.

Not that this helps. That was one consideration I was aware of when I bought mine . Had the chance to shoot different manufacturers  before  I bought . I couldn't get my boots in 2 of 3 to cock them . Had to go in and put on tennis  shoes.  I bought the wicked ridge  with accuedraw. 

Edited by Nytracker

I'd get ahold of crossman and see if they make a bigger one ,they now make larger lever for Marlin rifles due to input from hunters , you may be their inspiration.  If they don't perhaps a trip to a machine shop to make a larger one ,and you can start a side buisness making you wealthy. 

I'd get ahold of crossman and see if they make a bigger one ,they now make larger lever for Marlin rifles due to input from hunters , you may be their inspiration.  If they don't perhaps a trip to a machine shop to make a larger one ,and you can start a side buisness making you wealthy. 
Team up with @jeremyk and you guys will take the xbow world by storm!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Funny thing was 50 years ago my Boy Scout troop was sponsored by Crossman.  We had unlimited pellet, co2 and the best air rifles they made.  Their facility at the time was in Fairport and a total hell hole.  Fellow Rochestrians know what I'm talking about.  They have since moved to Bloomfield but the old site was on Superfund.  I think it's now off register though.  It can't hurt to send them an email and I will. 

Why, I can show up on their doorstep.  With my freaking boots.  I just waiting for this to slip off my toe while cocking and score two balls into the corner pocket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hear you Huey! I never thought about the size of the foot stirrup until I had to cock my Pse Fang while wearing my arctic pro muck boots.  I just happen to have a wooden boot puller I made for removing my rubber boots in the truck so I position the boot puller into the stirrup and step on it. works to get the xbow cocked at the truck. I haven't had to worry about cocking it in the woods after a shot for example. I'm with you, the manufacturers should have taken into consideration the heavy boots a lot of us wear while hunting! 

https://thundering85dnj.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/wooden-boot-jack-plans-plans-diy-how-to-make/

So I did email Crosman about the size of their toe loop.  Here's the response I got which I pretty much expected

I have passed your feedback onto our product manager about this issue. Thank you for your feed back   

Thank you for contacting Crosman Corporation!

But better yet I just hired a guy that use to work for Crosman and ask him about this.  He laugh at me as he sat next to Customer Service and he told me every forth call was about toe loop size and wondering if they made a bigger one.  So I guess they know about the issue. 

1 hour ago, hueyjazz said:

So I did email Crosman about the size of their toe loop.  Here's the response I got which I pretty much expected

I have passed your feedback onto our product manager about this issue. Thank you for your feed back   

Thank you for contacting Crosman Corporation!

But better yet I just hired a guy that use to work for Crosman and ask him about this.  He laugh at me as he sat next to Customer Service and he told me every forth call was about toe loop size and wondering if they made a bigger one.  So I guess they know about the issue. 

I have yet to see one on any crossbow that I can fit my pack boots into. I am ok with my  leather hunting boots but not my packs. Be a good aftermarket part. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

For me , it depends on which boots I am wearing as to whether my toe will fit into the stirrup . I was thinking about putting a 3'x12' piece of wood in my backpack to use when cocking the crossbow . Slip an end of the board across the stirrup and stand on the board to cock the crossbow. I would do this as last resort . 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fasteddie said:

For me , it depends on which boots I am wearing as to whether my toe will fit into the stirrup . I was thinking about putting a 3'x12' piece of wood in my backpack to use when cocking the crossbow . Slip an end of the board across the stirrup and stand on the board to cock the crossbow. I would do this as last resort . 

Eddie you must carry one huge backpack to carry a 3'x 12' piece of wood. LOL Seriously that's similar to using my boot puller to step on. I would consider adding a couple of small blocks on the bottom of the board to act as a stop to prevent the stirrup from slipping off. 

1 hour ago, 2012_taco said:

Eddie you must carry one huge backpack to carry a 3'x 12' piece of wood. LOL 

Most backpacks are at least 18" high . I haven't tried the board thing . Just considering trying it . The blocks you suggested sounds like a good idea . 

• Like 1