Good cheap Trailcams

hueyjazz

Any recommendation for a decent and around $50 trial cams?  I like using these for stills only.  I keep them set up on my property most to track deer paths and trends but I've seen a lot more wildlife than that.

I've also caught trappers on my property that have no permission.  Not to keen with that since my dogs roam the land.  Land is posted but that's another topic.

I've spent good money on a Moultrie that took great pictures then failed in a year.  I have a Primos I like but it exceeds $50 limit and the don't make that model anymore.  I'm currently testing an Apeman and Victure off of Amazon that had great reviews but after getting both I find they give a discount for people that give good reviews so I don't trust it now.  Both unit have good features but body seem thin plastic and no gasket on door.  I doubt they will last.  I'd like something that notes time, date and temperature.

Edited by hueyjazz

The real question is does anyone have any experience with this cam and is it worth it?  On sale at Dicks, I still hate going to that store but I have a bunch of gift cards to use so I am forced.  Online sale only. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wildgame-innovations-terra-extreme-trail-camera-14-mp-19wgiutrrxtrm14mptch/19wgiutrrxtrm14mptch?recid=home_PageElement_home3_rr_1_19265_&rrec=true

Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme Trail Camera – 14 MP  Is it worth it?  

I hate cams with a flash, if I could turn them off I would buy one!  

• Like 1

I run 3 of that model. Usually set them up in July and take them out in January. Fresh batteries at the start of each season and they last all season. Decent pix, and decent night pix. There only thing I worry about is trigger speed. Here's an example of a pic from this season. 

IMG_20191111_090930255.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sbuff said:

No need to run lithium in my opinion..

I run lithium in most of my cams (except Cuddelinks that take D batteries) and its worth it if you run them in the winter. Alkalines dont last that long in super cold weather, and performance of that camera will be affected.

I cant speak for a cheap camera, I have done comparisons between every cheap cam I have ever had and the higher end ones I have (cheap cam and higher end cam on the same tree with similar settings). They just dont compare. You get what you pay for. Some of the more entry level Brownings are well worth the extra cost, and they arent that much more than what you are looking at.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I run lithium in most of my cams (except Cuddelinks that take D batteries) and its worth it if you run them in the winter. Alkalines dont last that long in super cold weather, and performance of that camera will be affected.

I’ve been using regular Energizers in my Spartans. I usually get about 800-1000 pics with video out of a set. I tried a set of lithium’s and so far I’m up to 1200 pics with video and they are still showing a full charge. I think they’ve been in for about 3 months now. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 8:27 PM, NonTypical said:

I’ve been using regular Energizers in my Spartans. I usually get about 800-1000 pics with video out of a set. I tried a set of lithium’s and so far I’m up to 1200 pics with video and they are still showing a full charge. I think they’ve been in for about 3 months now. 

I get close to 6 months out of my Spartans with Lithiums, and they send alot of pictures. The one thing you want to be aware of with Lithiums, is that the camera will generally show 100% battery life right up until they die. If you have a camera with Lithiums that shows less than full battery, my advice is to install new ones ASAP.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I get close to 6 months out of my Spartans with Lithiums, and they send alot of pictures. The one thing you want to be aware of with Lithiums, is that the camera will generally show 100% battery life right up until they die. If you have a camera with Lithiums that shows less than full battery, my advice is to install new ones ASAP.

Good to know. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:08 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I cant speak for a cheap camera, I have done comparisons between every cheap cam I have ever had and the higher end ones I have (cheap cam and higher end cam on the same tree with similar settings). They just dont compare. You get what you pay for. Some of the more entry level Brownings are well worth the extra cost, and they arent that much more than what you are looking at.

I can get from Dec 1st to April 1st on alkaline , no need to switch in my opinion 

On 1/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, NFA-ADK said:

The real question is does anyone have any experience with this cam and is it worth it?  On sale at Dicks, I still hate going to that store but I have a bunch of gift cards to use so I am forced.  Online sale only. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wildgame-innovations-terra-extreme-trail-camera-14-mp-19wgiutrrxtrm14mptch/19wgiutrrxtrm14mptch?recid=home_PageElement_home3_rr_1_19265_&rrec=true

Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme Trail Camera – 14 MP  Is it worth it?  

I hate cams with a flash, if I could turn them off I would buy one!  

I have 4 of these in 12MP.  I bought them for $35 new.  They are my absolute favorite.  If you aim them correctly as far as not aiming where sun will glare them, they take great clarity videos in my opinion. I plan to buy more.   A coworker got that exact 14MP version for Christmas.

HueyJazz i hope you dont mind these 2 pics.

that Tasco cam looks great too

B67B12FC-9514-48EA-A532-A5D1BA7A7B80.jpeg

4E649D16-E42B-44D2-8327-526CDFC92A18.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1