Sportsmans Warehouse

Five Seasons

So I know they bought some field and stream stores including the one in Henrietta. But their website still lists  Altoona PA as the closest store. Does anyone know when they're opening? I need some stuff and still refuse to shop "those whose name shall not be mentioned". And that really doesn't leave much else.

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

So I know they bought some field and stream stores including the one in Henrietta. But their website still lists  Altoona PA as the closest store. Does anyone know when they're opening? I need some stuff and still refuse to shop "those whose name shall not be mentioned". And that really doesn't leave much else.

They have been open since October in Henrietta. Ive been in there a few times. Its alot of the same stuff that F&S had in there. At first they were doing alot of clearance sales on the F&S branded stuff, not sure whats left of that now.

The website is not updated... at least not that I can tell.

Its shows the closest store as Altoona, PA.

However, when I click on store flyer, it says my store is Rochester.

And the Henrietta store is definitely open and a Sportsmans Warehouse.  

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought some treestands on clearance a few weeks ago in the Henrietta store. I would think that by now they would have blown out all the F&S branded items. I will be curious to see what it looks like when it's really turned into a Sportman's Warehouse store.

Horseheads store has stated moving new product. Talked to a guy and he said they are having  logistics problems . As in sale went through faster than expected and buyers didn't plan on the extra stores so they are getting in what the can . There is no warehouse out here so it's all being trucked  from Utah  I think he said .

That said last time I was in , most field and stream stuff is still 10 percent off.

I tried to buy a pistol from them and the order got canceled with no information as to why. Their national customer service is almost non existent. Called several times and waited on hold for 5 min and gave up. Tried to leave a number for them to call me back and that didn’t work either. Called the store to talk to someone in the firearms department and that was also a dead end because the guy told me they can’t ship handguns to the store because they still don’t have the proper FFL from the state.

The handgun was listed with a 17 round magazines which of course is no good for NY they did not have the 10 round magazine listed and it’s the reason why I think the order got canceled and why I was trying to get ahold of someone to explain that but it went nowhere.

Hopefully they get their act together and it becomes a great store for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I tried to buy a pistol from them and the order got canceled with no information as to why. Their national customer service is almost non existent. Called several times and waited on hold for 5 min and gave up. Tried to leave a number for them to call me back and that didn’t work either. Called the store to talk to someone in the firearms department and that was also a dead end because the guy told me they can’t ship handguns to the store because they still don’t have the proper FFL from the state.

The handgun was listed with a 17 round magazines which of course is no good for NY they did not have the 10 round magazine listed and it’s the reason why I think the order got canceled and why I was trying to get ahold of someone to explain that but it went nowhere.

Hopefully they get their act together and it becomes a great store for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just ordered muzzy crossbow heads, a 3 round mag for my ruger 30-06 and some lighted knocks.  My order never arrived when it was supposed to, then I get an email saying it was cancelled.  Then I get that same afternoon the lighted knocks arrive.  So i send them an email asking what is going on and they said my order was cancelled.  Like Moho said no explanation.  But i told them I got the lighted knocks so then I get an email saying the order for my lighted knocks was cancelled.  So i email them back asking what is going on here.  And again no explanation except my order was cancelled and i can reorder.  I send back them again to just fill my original order - this makes no sense- and i get - we cannot, you will have to reorder- yeah not a chance!   

I understand the new store logistical issues, but these guys have been in business a while. The processes should translate pretty smoothly minus maybe some of the NY gun stuff. That's a little concerning, honestly I was just looking for some scope covers because the one I ordered online doesn't fit...

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I was just looking for some scope covers because the one I ordered online doesn't fit...

If you are down around Avon , check out the Avon Gun Shop . I recall they had a fairly good selection of Scope Covers . If you know the OD of your scope , you could call the shop to see if they have the size you want . (585) 226-8277

I stopped into SW in Henrietta to check out a few guns.  They didn't have either gun I'm looking for in stock.  The guy behind the counter said they "are still on the other FFL", so they basically get whatever guns are sent to them, and cannot order specific guns or receive guns that are ordered online until they get the new FFL.    Seems odd, but I guess it is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I got an email survey from them asking about how my purchase went. You know the purchase that was canceled for no reason given and zero customer service available either. I normally ignore those emails but took the time to get them a "Zero" in all categories and wrote a polite comment explaining my situation and reason for the bad review. Ended the comment with my name, phone number and email address in case they wanted to get a hold of me. 

I haven't heard back from them. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Drove up there to see what they had for food plot seed, well they hardly had any seed but what pissed me off was the $$$$$$$ of deer attractant inventory they had stocked on the shelves. So ridiculous.  

31 minutes ago, Zag said:

Drove up there to see what they had for food plot seed, well they hardly had any seed but what pissed me off was the $$$$$$$ of deer attractant inventory they had stocked on the shelves. So ridiculous.  

Everyone buys it to hunt out of state of course!

• Like 1