2020 HABITAT SEED PROGRAM

We will again have the Habitat Seed Program that makes seed available to our members at an affordable cost and planted as a benefit to wildlife. It’s a great deal for plots and can be planted or broadcast. This is typically  only for members in the following counties, Monroe, Livingston,Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming. Other counties should reach out to a more local branch. The contacts for other branches can be found at https://www.qdma.com/new-york/

Glyphosate Resistant Soybeans are available for this program. The seed will be one-year old seed that will germinate fine for food plots.  The retail cost of this seed is between $80-$100 a bag. It should plant about a half-acre per bag or could be stretched with the addition of other species.  The cost of each bag of soybeans is $11 per bag. 

I appears the branch will have between 200-250 bags allotted for us. We will be doing this a bit differently this year becasue of timing.  At our March 14th banquet there will be a sign up for the seed and those attending will have an opportunity to sign up and pay for the seed on a first come first served basis. Please bring a separate check or other form of payment. It will be necessary for us to keep the banquet and seed funds separated. 

After the banquet, if there is a balance of seed remaining, I will post on social media  and email our address book to open the balance of our shipment to other members.  

Restrictions are the same as previous years. 

This seed can NOT be sold, used for business purposes or harvested; it must be left for wildlife.  A form will to be signed by each purchaser stating this intent.

You MUST be a QDMA member to purchase the seed. You will need your membership card/number or attended our 2020 Banquet as proof.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not getting this up sooner. After the orders placed at the Banquet on the 14th of March, we still have 50 gabs available. See above for details. We are still hoping that we are are first week in May for Delivery. Must be a QDMA member. Memberships available online.  Holler if you want some. 

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Sorry for not getting this up sooner. After the orders placed at the Banquet on the 14th of March, we still have 50 gabs available. See above for details. We are still hoping that we are are first week in May for Delivery. Must be a QDMA member. Memberships available online.  Holler if you want some. 

Do you think if I plant all 50 bags in Mendon just one bean stalk will actually grow to maturity?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Hi, I would be interested in 5 bags. Let me know how to arrange pickup