New predator setup

Buddy of mine just got the wraith, as with most cheaper night vision you have to upgrade to ir it comes with. Im in the process of doing that now with my atn 4k pro i won. Also his only complaint so far other than stock ir is battery life, not sure what the options are there for ya. 

What are ya doin for the lower of that 243? Trigger and such...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Building a 243 gas gun with a sightmark wraith optic so my stepson can use the 22nosler or vice versa.. so we dont have to share after dark anymore ol. More parts on the way.. 5ad4b62dd3b27694934f439ba3bab574.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DMPS lower?  I assume any 308 lower works. 

Edited by moog5050

1 minute ago, Gencountyzeek said:

AR10 gets kinda picky. Theres primarily 2 patterns, DPMS, and Armalite. You have to make sure that you know whos pattern your building when you start. This obviously goes for the upper and lower fitment. 

I forgot that.  Plus even if you have correct pattern I have read stories of stuff not fitting.  I assume LEG has this covered though.  My AR10 was a complete gun.  

• Like 2

Buddy of mine just got the wraith, as with most cheaper night vision you have to upgrade to ir it comes with. Im in the process of doing that now with my atn 4k pro i won. Also his only complaint so far other than stock ir is battery life, not sure what the options are there for ya. 
What are ya doin for the lower of that 243? Trigger and such...
Love the wriath so far, besides tmbattery draw.lol. i have an anker hooked up to it. But the stock ir would me to 200yrd or better. I swapped out my red led bulb in the wicked light for an 850ir. Can easily see at 400+
As for the lower, for nownits a PSA Gen3 .. a friend just built the exact same gun, just a tad quicker than me with zero issues. Good luck with that scope! I pray you dont get the freezes ive been seeing ppl having lately. Look like a firmware update fixed that?

• Like 1

Let em grow .....where are you buying your parts from? Also what type of budget are you on?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Buying parts all over.. whatever i can find the cheapest. Theblowe was only 99$ so i jumped on it before sold out. Ill buy everything seperately where ever its cheapest. And slowly build this up.. no hurry really.

• Like 1

I forgot that.  Plus even if you have correct pattern I have read stories of stuff not fitting.  I assume LEG has this covered though.  My AR10 was a complete gun.  
Im at rookie level for gas gun guru lol. But learning as i go. There shoukd be zero issues with fit. A friend just built thesame upper/lower setup, finished his build today. Hasnt shot it yet but it functions as it should so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Love the wriath so far, besides tmbattery draw.lol. i have an anker hooked up to it. But the stock ir would me to 200yrd or better. I swapped out my red led bulb in the wicked light for an 850ir. Can easily see at 400+
As for the lower, for nownits a PSA Gen3 .. a friend just built the exact same gun, just a tad quicker than me with zero issues. Good luck with that scope! I pray you dont get the freezes ive been seeing ppl having lately. Look like a firmware update fixed that?

Ive also read alot of people having the freezing issue. Did the firmware update not that ive used it alot but so far so good. Were did u get the ir led for your wicked??? Ive checked everywere, i have to call allpredatorcalls.com on wed they are suppose to have some coming in.

Ive also read alot of people having the freezing issue. Did the firmware update not that ive used it alot but so far so good. Were did u get the ir led for your wicked??? Ive checked everywere, i have to call allpredatorcalls.com on wed they are suppose to have some coming in.
Good im glad man! Hope it works flawless for you, looking forward to footage! Allpredatorcalls is where i got it. I bought the 940 also, but havent tried it yet.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:46 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

I heard you have to be meticulous with the instructions to avoid any issues. Everyone says their junk, but a lot seems to be more user error induced. 

10 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I heard you have to be meticulous with the instructions to avoid any issues. Everyone says their junk, but a lot seems to be more user error induced. 

It really a simple setup. Not 100% sure how people screw it up. I totally get that it no top end optic, but for my $70 raffle win im happy with it. Sighted it in the other day. I will say the one shot sight in stinks. You shoot, move a second set of crosshairs to the impact and then you are on. Well i like to be very exact when zeroing a rifle. At 100 yards you can not see a .204 hole in the target zoomed in. So i walk down, note were the shot is move the crosshairs to were i believe the hole was. Shoot, walk down, nope still a inch off.. shoot, walk, close...close enough. I should have brought out my spotting scope. I just like being able to say move 3" down, 2" left and just go thru my clicks on a conventional scope. But no biggie its on, now waiting on my IR led so i can hunt.

9 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

It really a simple setup. Not 100% sure how people screw it up. I totally get that it no top end optic, but for my $70 raffle win im happy with it. Sighted it in the other day. I will say the one shot sight in stinks. You shoot, move a second set of crosshairs to the impact and then you are on. Well i like to be very exact when zeroing a rifle. At 100 yards you can not see a .204 hole in the target zoomed in. So i walk down, note were the shot is move the crosshairs to were i believe the hole was. Shoot, walk down, nope still a inch off.. shoot, walk, close...close enough. I should have brought out my spotting scope. I just like being able to say move 3" down, 2" left and just go thru my clicks on a conventional scope. But no biggie its on, now waiting on my IR led so i can hunt.

That stinks! I can see my .22 cal holes in paper at 100 with my sightmark. Was very simple to dial in for me. I like the 1 shot zero for getting basically dead nuts. But it sure isn't a sold reticle you can really fine tune and adjust like a normal scope. I completely agree there!. I havent had an issue with mine. its zeroed at 175. Since i havent had the chance to shoot farther. Trick the scope to shoot 1" high at 100, slam dunks them at 175. I have no complaints with either. Good luck this weekend! i will not be in it.. Kinda bummed but, family first. 

8 hours ago, TACC said:

I'm thinking what you already thought of, spotting scope would have been very beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spotting scope helps but it still sucks for the one shot zero. The optics reticle needs to be fixed on the bullzeye and you move a second reticle to where your point of impact is.. Spotting scope will save the walking for sure. just kind of shitty.. im guessing they cant stuff turrets inside these optics for adjustment.. or some other way that relates to a normal turret movement. But once your in your in. And i know my sightmark will save i think 7 different reticale programs.. ie different bullets or different guns. 

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Just spoke with someone who got a wraith for $399. Found a new "opened box" model. I need to find one of these lol 

haven't done a ton of research, but it seems the ATN 4k would be a better buy for not a ton more money. I usually subscribe to you get what you pay for and wonder if the cheapest scope out there is worth the gamble. 

36 minutes ago, Belo said:

haven't done a ton of research, but it seems the ATN 4k would be a better buy for not a ton more money. I usually subscribe to you get what you pay for and wonder if the cheapest scope out there is worth the gamble. 

I originally wanted the ATN 4k pro... but all the reviews(which are usually clueless people) were so hit or miss.. i avoided it.. since the wraith is simple and straight forward.. and it works. Have never heard of one failing yet. and im in several predator groups. Ive peeked through a few in stores. and loved em.. but the reviews for the wraith were rock solid.. couldnt pass that up.. i dont have the extra funds.. so it hurt a tad to pay for my wraith.. i cant buy twice, especially if the warranty sucks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belo said:

Honestly either would be a good choice for getting into nv. You here about glitches with the atn. The only bad on wraith ive heard is battery life, and if sound during recording is important the wraith doesnt have that.

• Like 1