Rochester Gun Show

johnplav

The better gun shows are just a great place to see and look at stuff you will see no where else especially on the really high end. The big three, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany shows are my favorites but these days Syracuse is the only one I attend regularly.

The shows are a good place to find those hard to locate items especially the discontinued ammo, brass, knives and classic firearms and those items are what I am usually interested in most. Last spring I finally found a Savage 99A in 250 Savage in mint condition after looking for and seeking one out for many years. Very hard to find 284 Winchester brass or ammo, found some custom loaded ammo for another score. Scored on a new Camillus bird hook pocket knife also.  

Most common firearms or equipment I just buy at the local shops or online.

Al

Edited by airedale

I usually hit the syracuse show , but I didn't get there last spring. I pick up a great deal on primers there. Went to a outdoor show up in rochester quite a few years ago  wasn't worth the trip. I have been home sick most of the week  so I'm probably  staying home.  Getting a little stir crazy.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

This is usually where I stock up on cleaning supplies like brushes and picks

My neighbor  makes a very good living, selling those things at guns shows, biker shows outdoor shows and so on. Tables of bore lights ,picks, cheap fanny and day packs ,para cord, T shirts, knives  and so forth .

So much that he bought a factory in China , to cut out the middle man .

Just got home. Took the 2 oldest after the gym to kill some time on this rainy day. Worth the $8 in admission just for the browsing. I was looking for a lightly used .243 and never found one that was worth the asking price. Some old, lots of new and I’m sure some decent deals if you’re hunting for specifics.

Also interesting to see what the guys at all star tactical are doing to make NY compliant ARs. Might do some more research on the .223 if I really get into predator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Belo said:

Just got home. Took the 2 oldest after the gym to kill some time on this rainy day. Worth the $8 in admission just for the browsing. I was looking for a lightly used .243 and never found one that was worth the asking price. Some old, lots of new and I’m sure some decent deals if you’re hunting for specifics.

Also interesting to see what the guys at all star tactical are doing to make NY compliant ARs. Might do some more research on the .223 if I really get into predator.

I dont know if youd be interested but I've got a single shot 243 I'd sell

12 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Very busy day for us at DDs ranch. All of the sudden people are buying again. Hamburg gun show and this one are complete opposite of the last year of gun shows. Hoping tomorrow i get a chance to walk around and shop maybe.

Good to hear it was busy.

Very busy day for us at DDs ranch. All of the sudden people are buying again. Hamburg gun show and this one are complete opposite of the last year of gun shows. Hoping tomorrow i get a chance to walk around and shop maybe.
What's your guys opinions on the "armaglock" the one that is made by the company with the same name and same website?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What's your guys opinions on the "armaglock" the one that is made by the company with the same name and same website?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Honestly and people will argue this to death. I wouldnt own one. For the simple reason you can open the receiver take the mag out close the receiver. You now have a rifle with all the scary features and the mag detached. That is against the safe act. I know all of this is bullshit, i know alot of police could care less, i know theres dealers selling them. I wouldnt own it. Either pin the mag, or go featureless or build what you want and dont get caught. 

38 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Honestly and people will argue this to death. I wouldnt own one. For the simple reason you can open the receiver take the mag out close the receiver. You now have a rifle with all the scary features and the mag detached. That is against the safe act. I know all of this is bullshit, i know alot of police could care less, i know theres dealers selling them. I wouldnt own it. Either pin the mag, or go featureless or build what you want and dont get caught. 

Installed upside down it locks mag even with receiver open.   Won’t comment on how easy it may be to swap from right side up to upside down.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Installed upside down it locks mag even with receiver open.   Won’t comment on how easy it may be to swap from right side up to upside down.  

And thats the thing, the law say is has to be non detachable if it has scary features. If i ever ended up in a court room with a lawyer explaing to the judge the definition of detachable and theres my gun with a magazine detached from it...again everyone can do as they wish but unfortunately im stuck in this state and i dont feel like spending time in jail for something so stupid. 

• Like 2

Were you a vendor? I might have talked to you haha.