The "pink torpedo"- (anti-fog stick)

wooly

I haven't been around much to share anything valuable lately, but I thought you guys might get some use from this one.

Sis picked this anti-glare/fogging polish stick up for me at a craft show in Ohio this past fall.

She was sold on it after a brief demonstration by the salesman on her own daily wear glasses.

She gave me a stick of this stuff and as you can imagine I was skeptical, BUT I've been using it on my safety glasses and camera lenses I use for carving outside ever since, and it works freaking AWESOME.

I usually wear a dust mask or spandex cover over my mouth and nose while carving. In the winter time I normally can't do that because my glasses IMMEDIATELY fog over with condensation from my breath pouring out the top  and I can't see jack squat.

This stuff works incredible, and I can only imagine it would work equally as well on rifle, shotgun, and x-bow optics!

I usually draw an "X" on both sides of each lens, and then just polish it off with a clean soft rag or shirt sleeve.

Also usually repeat daily for best results prior to heading out into the cold to begin my work. It seems to lose effectiveness after a day to me, but reapplying is a cinch, and this stick will go a long ways into next year as well I'm sure of it!

DSC_0075.JPG.3ed449d4c3d5e84ec5a7ecf308fd2a26.JPGDSC_0076.JPG.d10fc00e378cf364434f569ca73abc03.JPGDSC_0077.JPG.2ffe8a56094efc0acba9a7cb74b59246.JPGDSC_0078.JPG.4cc10b16f499e4990f2be28b448d3aa2.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Your sis rocks!

Gonna try it.  I only wear glasses for driving and hunting. And in the cold weather the fogging drives me nuts. 

Tell sis Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Wonder if this stuff would keep a motorcycle helmet visor from fogging up...

Seriously.... I would NOT have endorsed it here if didn't work for me in field tests, BUT it HAS been working for me since early November even through our sub zero cold snap! Have to imagine it would work just the same for both applications you guys described!

• Like 1

Similar to stuff I picked up in the 80s at the outdoor show in Harrisburgh.  Worked great . I had 3 sticks for 5 bucks . Back then I only used it for  fishing sunglasses. I never used it on script glasses. Have to wonder where it went . I will have to try it when i find it on an old pair of glasses . Prescription  glasses  are freaking expensive to replace .

• 8 months later...