What are you reading?

Deleted Account

50 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hemingway is one of my favorites...In fact I did my 12th grade English term paper on him....

My personal favorite is " For Whom the Bell Tolls"...

"The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber" ,although a short story,  is a good read.

"Snows of Kilimanjaro" written at same time. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased this old rare book many years ago and just got it out off the shelf for a reread, Being a hunting dog breeder and trainer and hunting with some of the same breeds as Shelly used in Africa it is my kind of book.

Al

==========================================

Hunting Big Game With Dogs In Africa!

The author, Er M. Shelley, was the big-game dog trainer for a rather prominent American sportsman, Paul J. Rainey. While gathered `round the fire with several of his hunting pals Mr. Rainey declared that "wouldn't it be royal sport to hunt African lions and leopards with these dogs?" Well, shortly after the turn of the 19th century there wasn't anyone in east Africa to say they couldn't give it a try - so off they went! Can anyone in today's world imagine being able to do that? Hunting Big Game With Dogs in Africa is Shelley's recounting of the several years he spent in east Africa doing just that.

2021-10-06_064841.png

2021-10-06_065303.png

Edited by airedale

I'm in the middle of my annual run through my hunting book library. I finished "How to Bag the Biggest Buck of your Life" by Larry Benoit last week. I'm about half way through Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails by John Eberhart this week. Every year I pick up on something I didn't the prior year when I go through these books. Maybe done day I'll remember all of these trinkets of wisdom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...