What are you reading?

Deleted Account

On 1/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, Farflung said:

ncountry- see that you read Elinkas book "A Deer Hunters History Book". He has 9 other books out and I have enjoyed all of them. Most are focused on the ADK's, but one is about his time in Alaska, one about tughill and one about the Southern Tier. I know a lot of the folks in these books and that makes it more interesting to me, but any deer hunter would enjoy these.

Nice. I will have to look them up. I think I've read most of his ADK books but not the others.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Starting it now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read it last winter. Very interesting read, but I got a bit tired of his..."style" after a while. I loved his show and regret his end, but probably would not have enjoyed his company.

• Like 1

So what is your review?

He would jump from the history of the Bison to his hunt.

The chapters on the history of the Bison in the US while interesting it was also a bit boring and lacked the ability to hold my attention. The chapters on his hunt where generally interesting and well written in the same manor he narrates his the meat eater show.

In the end I got only about a third of the way through the book before it was time to renew the loan and I simply returned it instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

He would jump from the history of the Bison to his hunt.

The chapters on the history of the Bison in the US while interesting it was also a bit boring and lacked the ability to hold my attention. The chapters on his hunt where generally interesting and well written in the same manor he narrates his the meat eater show.

In the end I got only about a third of the way through the book before it was time to renew the loan and I simply returned it instead.

The role that bison, beavers, and barb wire fence played in the development of our country are absolutely fascinating

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Just finished Aagaard’s African Adventures yesterday and started Guns and Hunting.  The former was written by Finn and his wife Berit, the later just Finn I believe.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are both finished and I highly recommend both.   

• Like 1

Louis L'Amour, "Last of the Breed",

.......a tale of a native american soilder, trapped in a soviet ran prison in the mountians of eurasia. He escapes the faculity and then must find his way through the wilderness while fighting for his life. It's a fast read, nothing super involved. I'm enjoying the nationalist pro-america feeling.

6 hours ago, Paula said:

Doesn't that cost money? 

I use the Libby app.  It’s for your Public Library and has tons of audiobooks, as well as magazines and regular books.  FREE.

TIP: Sign up for your local library and for the New York Public Library (in NYC). NYPL has a lot more copies of the same item to loan out, so you can always get something pretty quickly.  And you can place holds on things too.  

Great app, my daughter told me about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the Libby app.  It’s for your Public Library and has tons of audiobooks, as well as magazines and regular books.  FREE.
TIP: Sign up for your local library and for the New York Public Library (in NYC). NYPL has a lot more copies of the same item to loan out, so you can always get something pretty quickly.  And you can place holds on things too.  
Great app, my daughter told me about it. 

You stole my answer!

• Like 2