American Tactical Omni Maxx Hybrid AR

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I use pmags.  Honestly,. people make far too much of the unloading issue.  You are only charging it once before hunt and four times after to unload assuming you never shot (5 rounds max for hunting).  It takes less than 10 seconds and most of that is looking for the ejected rounds.  Would take more time to drop the plate and reassemble.

can you not have a fully loaded 10 rounder hunting yotes?

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

• with any semi-automatic firearm with a capacity to hold more than 6 rounds, EXCEPT the following semi-automatic firearms:
    1. firearms using .22 or .17 caliber rimfire ammunition, or
    2. firearms altered to reduce their capacity to no more than 6 shells at one time in the magazine and chamber combined, or
    3. autoloading pistols with a barrel length of less than eight inches.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, johnplav said:

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

• with any semi-automatic firearm with a capacity to hold more than 6 rounds, EXCEPT the following semi-automatic firearms:
    1. firearms using .22 or .17 caliber rimfire ammunition, or
    2. firearms altered to reduce their capacity to no more than 6 shells at one time in the magazine and chamber combined, or
    3. autoloading pistols with a barrel length of less than eight inches.

thanks. I have always had my 10rd .22 mag loaded while hunting squirrels and got a little worried, but I guess I'm good. Seems like you wouldn't ever use more than a few rounds on yotes anyhow.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok so what about a "pre-ban" gun...meaning pistol grip and removable mag? Something that was purchased long before this dumb law went into effect? I'm asking for a friend, of course. :pardon:

Your friend has a lot of company , when the state finally released the numbers , iirc only about 4%  of owners registered them . 

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners.

“It’s not that they aren’t aware of the law,” said Capanna. “The lack of registration is a massive act of civil disobedience by gun owners statewide.”

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Your friend has a lot of company , when the state finally released the numbers , iirc only about 4%  of owners registered them . 

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners.

“It’s not that they aren’t aware of the law,” said Capanna. “The lack of registration is a massive act of civil disobedience by gun owners statewide.”

Never looked into it because it didn't impact me but can ARs that were registered remain non-compliant and be used?  I know you had the option to not register if you modified the AR to be compliant (as I am sure the 956,000 guns unregistered NY ARs were modified - lol).

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Never looked into it because it didn't impact me but can ARs that were registered remain non-compliant and be used?  I know you had the option to not register if you modified the AR to be compliant (as I am sure the 956,000 guns unregistered NY ARs were modified - lol).

Yes, registered ones are grandfathered in with all the evil, features and drop free mags of ten rounds .  You could register it or modify and not register , the gun ends with you though can’t pass it on or sell it in NYS .

My question is say on a routine traffic stop, they see it on say a guys back seat can they look up registered AR on the spot . I’ll have to ask the cops at the gym . 

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I heard the other 956,000 were accidentally dropped off of boats into Lake Ontario, which explains the high-water issues in recent years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just think how expensive it would be if you could actually use supressors to hunt with as well.

I guess you should be thanking gracious Cuomo that he is saving you from having to spend more money

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is one thing I really, really wish we could use.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20200111_134501.thumb.jpeg.a6af06d7e33f84a888408d6a82b06ba9.jpeg
Here is a pic of the one I'm looking at.
From the folks at Take It To The Bank gun shop in Rotterdam. This shop is part museum, part gun shop! Some super cool stuff in there! And the owners are great to talk to. I recommend anyone to stop by, and check em out! 

Just a FYI I have seen AR’s that come with the juggernaut hellfighter installed this is a cheap and easy fix to be able to remove a mag and also make the gun NY compliant. It basically is a spring loaded pin that quickly breaks the upper from lower and then allows you to drop the mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, TACC said:

Just think how expensive it would be if you could actually use supressors to hunt with as well.

I guess you should be thanking gracious Cuomo that he is saving you from having to spend more money

According to King Cuomo, Only killers use suppressors and yet his State Police force and other NYS police agencies use them.

It's good to be king.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, TACC said:

It's funny right, in Scotland all hunters use suppressors... because guess what? Guns are loud and damage your hearing! They think it's crazy that we don't. And I've shot ARs down south that were suppressed, it's nothing like these hitman movies, they're still loud. Plus, with predator hunting at night, a bunch of shots at 1am can raise unnecessary suspicion. A suppressed .223 would be ideal in my opinion. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

Unless you're shooting sub sonic rounds it's still going to be loud, 

I agree, but iirc it's still like a 30-40db reduction and brings it down around 120-130db, and with how wave sound travels that can make a huge difference on which neighbors call the cops or not. 

17 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

So many great benefits to a suppressor. It's just one of those head scratchers as to why it's illegal. I guess it does make the scary black guns look more scarier

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

not just looks. clearly you'd be able to assassinate all sorts of people before you were noticed. 

53 minutes ago, Belo said:

I agree, but iirc it's still like a 30-40db reduction and brings it down around 120-130db, and with how wave sound travels that can make a huge difference on which neighbors call the cops or not. 

My buddy has one for 22 cal and we’ve had it on this upper, it’s like a BB gun, you could live in a condo and shoot it off your patio 

CE063284-4665-4124-B60F-09A3F5BEC29B.jpeg

• Like 1