American Tactical Omni Maxx Hybrid AR

On 1/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, Belo said:

I hate that only 5 days into researching an AR for coyotes I've already started contemplating building one... It's like a drug that I became addicted to via contact high...

don't go shooting if all your friends have them.  so many shooting them closely around you, you'll be clam baked, broke, and lighting $h#t up in a matter of days.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, TreeGuy said:

That is one thing I really, really wish we could use.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

last time i went to kittery trading post up in Maine they had them everywhere with fancy displays. i was surrounded and thought for sure i was going to get pinched just for looking at them with no intent to purchase. then minutes went by and nothing happened. it was a rush. felt like a total outlaw NYer!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is the big day! Will be going to buy my first AR. Still leaning towards the ATI Omni Maxx. Heard from a member here, and a couple others who have them, along with my brother in SC where they are made. They all have just good things to say about them. And most of the many reviews from people who actually have them are good too. But I like the Ruger 556 as well? But it's over $250 more, and I am on a tight budget. So not sure what one will make the trip home?

A question.......Not sure of the safe act law. But after filling out the paperwork, will I be able to take the rifle home? Or is there a waiting period now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Tomorrow is the big day! Will be going to buy my first AR. Still leaning towards the ATI Omni Maxx. Heard from a member here, and a couple others who have them, along with my brother in SC where they are made. They all have just good things to say about them. And most of the many reviews from people who actually have them are good too. But I like the Ruger 556 as well? But it's over $250 more, and I am on a tight budget. So not sure what one will make the trip home?

A question.......Not sure of the safe act law. But after filling out the paperwork, will I be able to take the rifle home? Or is there a waiting period now?

Congrats and you can walk out with her once the background check and payment is complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

What shop are you getting it from?

15 minutes ago, Billdogge said:

What shop are you getting it from?

Take It To The Bank Gun Shop. Was at Zacks last weekend, but I thought the prices were a little high. Been to the two Gunsmokes, and Franks, as well. I really liked the people, and the one on one service at TITTB. And they will meet or beat anyone else's price.

Also the ATI comes with a lifetime warranty.

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Take It To The Bank Gun Shop. Was at Zacks last weekend, but I thought the prices were a little high. Been to the two Gunsmokes, and Franks, as well. I really liked the people, and the one on one service at TITTB. And they will meet or beat anyone else's price.

Also the ATI comes with a lifetime warranty.

Where's TITTB? Haven't been to that one.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

love it grampy. you go with the fixed mag? What was the total damage not including optics?

A little over $600, with one speedloader and 100 rounds of ammo. I stayed within my budget, for just a fun gun. Optics, light, and laser, I had laying around already.

Yes, fixed mag. That way I could get all the other stuff on it, that makes it cool to me. And after trying many different variations, the pistol grip was always the most comfortable for me. And I don't really mind dropping the lower to load, or using a speed loader. I have practiced doing both the last couple days. Then just cycling the action to unload. 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

A little over $600. I stayed within my budget, for just a fun gun. Optics, light, and laser, I had laying around already.

Yes, fixed mag. That way I could get all the other stuff on it, that makes it cool to me. And after trying many different variations, the pistol grip was always the most comfortable for me. And I don't really mind dropping the lower to load, or using a speed loader. I have practiced doing both the last couple days. Then just cycling the action to unload. 

that's solid man. I'll give it a look if I ever get to it.

• Like 1

Question for all you AR guys. Now that I'm ready to go, what type of sling set up do you prefer for predator hunting? Traditional style? Two point? Single Point? What has worked best for you, and why?
I like my single point. It makes for a fast attach / detach. 2 points will work too.

Honestly, they are cheap enough that you could buy one of each and see which you like best !

• Thanks 1

I like my single point. It makes for a fast attach / detach. 2 points will work too.

Honestly, they are cheap enough that you could buy one of each and see which you like best !

What single point you rocking?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, grampy said:

Question for all you AR guys. Now that I'm ready to go, what type of sling set up do you prefer for predator hunting? Traditional style? Two point? Single Point? What has worked best for you, and why?

I like two point with rifle laying on my chest or over back.  Tried single point this weekend to copy @TreeGuy.  Pro is that its easy to detach rifle from sling for use on tripod without pulling the sling over your head.  Con for me was that I felt a bit constrained having the sling on the whole time (being oversized I feel constrained often so it probably just me) and the rifle tip sat a bit low for my liking while walking.  I have a larue sling that converts to pretty much any configuration you could want with QD attachments.

Edited by moog5050
  • Thanks 1