Just got.easier to grow corn...

interesting - I see where it increases crop by 8% with normal fertilization or gets the same crop with 27% less Nitrogen.  Still requires a good bit of N in most cases id say.  All this if pH etc is on - so probably for most of us corn food plotters its not a life changer - but its pretty interesting - may be more coming on this Id expect. 

A 4 year clover one year corn rotation works well for food-plotters.  One of the biggest advantages of getting that "free" N from "fixation", is that it does not acidify the soil like heavy urea application does.  I will have to look into getting some of that stuff for this spring's crop.   I never add urea anyhow, thanks to following that clover rotation.   My ground has never needed lime for that reason.

Maybe, using that stuff, I can drop starter fertilizer (15-15-15) at planting down from 50 pounds/acre to 25 pounds or so.  If I can get the Envita for free, that will greatly reduce my input costs (fertilizer is usually my biggest expense), and really help out on the venison cost per pound.  I wonder if it was legal in NY last season ?  If so,  I will have to talk to some friends and see if they have any "leftovers".      

It is all about "more for less", and "free is always good".   

• Like 1