MUSKRAT--585--$4.24

OTTER--11--#31.32

RED FOX--81--$15.05

SKUNK--10--$9.43

WEASEL--13--$7.60

Next auction is April 11th, 2020

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder for anyone that may be interested. This Sunday is the final local auction of the year:

March 15, 2020 - Genesee Valley Trappers Association Fur Auction at the Clubhouse, 4462 County Road 32 (3 miles east of Honeoye, south of 20A), Honeoye, NY (6:30 am fur checkin/10:00 am auction) ($10.00 charge for non-members) (For information call Tom Miller, 585-229-4759)

On 2/8/2020 at 6:44 PM, Steve D said:

Herkimer Fur Auction results :

COYOTE--153--$49.25

I really wanted to go to this one,but got stuck in jury duty.

I'm going to give this a shot.If I can put up a yote in an hour or less from start to finish it would be worth it. If not it's just going to be for personnel use and predator control.

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

I really wanted to go to this one,but got stuck in jury duty.

I'm going to give this a shot.If I can put up a yote in an hour or less from start to finish it would be worth it. If not it's just going to be for personnel use and predator control.

I have always wanted to try putting my fur up but usually just end up skinning and putting in the freezer. When it comes time to sell I just thaw, brush them out, and sell them "green". In years past the difference between a fleshed & stretched fur was only a couple of bucks so I never considered it worth it. It is still on my list to try and may do it some time.

I doubt one could skin, flesh, & stretch in an hour unless you are really good at it and have had a lot of experience.

When fur was moving fast & furious you could usually find someone that did it full time and would only charge a couple bucks to flesh one but those days are gone.

With everything at a standstill it will interesting to see what the market will be this up coming season since a lot have auctions have been cancelled which will mean there will already be a lot of fur to sell when the market reopens again.

Uncertain times are ahead for sure.

• Like 1