Selling mounts

jersey guy

3 minutes ago, jersey guy said:

Unfortunately by buddy past 2 months ago his widow looking to down size he was blessed with an awesome game room .not sure what to do with mounts not being take by family is there any market for these any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

People list them on ebay all the time.  Not sure if they sell but I imagine there is a market for those that don't hunt and want the décor of a game room/cabin.

41 minutes ago, jersey guy said:

Unfortunately by buddy past 2 months ago his widow looking to down size he was blessed with an awesome game room .not sure what to do with mounts not being take by family is there any market for these any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

post a thread on bowsite. there are companies that buy them, also you can donate them for tax deduction (I think)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jersey guy said:

they sell for little to nothing unless very high scoring or rare and definitely well done. seems like the best way is to donate to local conservation group you trust that relates to that game to be used at local events or banquet displays. you can ask or yourself have a plate added to the mount to indicate "Donated and in memory of..." your buddy. often you can assign fair monetary value and the conservation group can give you a receipt to write off on taxes. that assumes you don't take standard deduction and itemize though.

6 hours ago, jersey guy said:

Here are a few leads of folks who provide this type of service, they frequently advertise in SCI's publications.....

Lolli Bros 660-385-2516

Trophy Room Liquidators 512 626 8824

Giguere Auctions 207 892 3800 

I've only know of Lolli Bros taking a entire trophy room for cash.(60+ mounts) Taxidermy is not an easy sell, don't get your hopes up. Awesome is in the eye of the beholder and even top quality mounts are often dumpster material. The usuals like decent Moose/Bear/Deer sell OK as decorating items. Not trying to be a pessimist as I have a few more mounts then most, but I'm realistic in that they only mean something to me and they are an awful investment.

• Like 3