Scope question

Chef

So I did a bad thing today and purchased a AR10 in 308 win. It is much lighter than the one I have In 6.5 creed and I think. Will make a fun yote gun and even deer rifle. What are your scope recommendations for under 500 that will work for both day and night hunting. I could pull my viper PST off of the 6.5 and use that for now but I think the 5x25 might just be too much scope

Thoughts suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Vortex Hog Hunter. Love it

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Did you have any trouble mounting it due to the very large Lens? Going on a AR will a standard mount work or do I need a higher mount

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Did you have any trouble mounting it due to the very large Lens? Going on a AR will a standard mount work or do I need a higher mount

I have 2 mounted on ARs without issue.  It will depend on the specific mount you choose, but I have yet to have a clearance issue.  One suggestion, keep the lighted reticle on low when hunting at night or you will get internal glare that makes the scope appear foggy.  But if turned down to level 3 or less, its great.

I have 2 mounted on ARs without issue.  It will depend on the specific mount you choose, but I have yet to have a clearance issue.  One suggestion, keep the lighted reticle on low when hunting at night or you will get internal glare that makes the scope appear foggy.  But if turned down to level 3 or less, its great.

Thanks man! That makes sense, especially when the red reticle focused on a red light I was concerned a little

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks man! That makes sense, especially when the red reticle focused on a red light I was concerned a little

You won't have an issue seeing the red dot even when using a red kill light.  Its a good combo.

There will always be recoil, I'd rather have the scope little farther from my eye with added eye relief. 

I have scoped my self once it was with a bolt action 30-06 split by eyebrow open pretty good