Mancave buck

Swamp_bucks

23 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Wow and Biz thought a replacement cape was bad.   I would rather have a euro.  Those look a bit too phony to me. 

My thoughts exactly.   Clearly, the inventor is really into it and thinks he has something there.  The talk about "to the nearest thousandth of an inch" was comical.   I can do a euro myself, with a power washer, in under an hour for the cost of a gallon of gas.   A nice feature of a euro, is that you keep the "real" skull, something you don't get to do with a $ 650 shoulder mount.  A nice thing about the shoulder mount, is you get to keep the "real" cape.    With those rubbery-looking "mancave" specials, you lose both the skull and the cape plus about half the cash that you might spend on a cheaper shoulder mount. 

My advice to those concerned with saving some money on mounts, would be to get to know a taxidermist or two.    Offer to trade your fresh, raw cape, for one they might have from another customer who was not completely satisfied with their tanned one on a form.   Most of those just end up in the dumpster anyhow, and those guys are always looking for fresh capes to satisfy fussy folks.   Sure you will loose your skull, but at least you will have real deer hair, rather than rubber, and not be out any cash.         

idk what any of you are talking about. i just ordered one as i didn't get a buck this year. the buck that i get back that i never got is going to look awesome on the wall. it's coming with double drop tines, kickers, splits, you name it. who needs realism, when you've got plastic and a little imagination. it's all about big antlers and now i've got them.

...kidding. product isn't for me. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

idk what any of you are talking about. i just ordered one as i didn't get a buck this year. the buck that i get back that i never got is going to look awesome on the wall. it's coming with double drop tines, kickers, splits, you name it. who needs realism, when you've got plastic and a little imagination. it's all about big antlers and now i've got them.

...kidding. product isn't for me. 

Mr Wiktor? Is that you?