Bow Upgrade

dbHunterNY

Jump the gun a bit. Picked up a new bow before getting rid of some. Primary hunting bow had been thru a lot and killed deer on both public and private land. Still its 8 yrs old and time for an upgrade. Plus no need to shoot a 70lb speed bow. First impressions and draw even on performance setting of this blacked out 60lb Bowtech Realm X is good. We'll see.

Trad bows were pulling me in but I'm back to the dark side for now.a341af8416b97b870c555d146860e9a2.jpge355356ec92aad0d6544975dcf191340.jpg5df291531bb9ba69f4153ad6d8444930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Jump the gun a bit. Picked up a new bow before getting rid of some. Primary hunting bow had been thru a lot and killed deer on both public and private land. Still its 8 yrs old and time for an upgrade. Plus no need to shoot a 70lb speed bow. First impressions and draw even on performance setting of this blacked out 60lb Bowtech Realm X is good. We'll see.
Trad bows were pulling me in but I'm back to the dark side for now.a341af8416b97b870c555d146860e9a2.jpg&key=ec4222d1878b81d8e32d4370df0a381f30ad97c3e8772cffeefc6c32cf280183e355356ec92aad0d6544975dcf191340.jpg&key=79a8d15f1b6594745fa604c78a6502f84a027e9b0ba659416a2d6f3111d560cd5df291531bb9ba69f4153ad6d8444930.jpg&key=ef39a34a08dfdbaf230dcbcc0abaf730012298b3c00ab444be56f478fb84d1cf

Love to see a new bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Aren't you worried the deer will see the bow since it's not camo ?

Hehehehehe

Sweet rig !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If you told me, "I'll give you $20 to tell me if your bow has camo lims or camo riser" I couldn't answer that question with out going down the basement.   100% black would be just peachy with me..............

I think I remember Elite had some bows with black risers and camo limbs and others with camo risers and black limbs??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

If you told me, "I'll give you $20 to tell me if your bow has camo lims or camo riser" I couldn't answer that question with out going down the basement.   100% black would be just peachy with me..............

I think I remember Elite had some bows with black risers and camo limbs and others with camo risers and black limbs??

YOUR Elite Answer has camo limbs and a black riser lol!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grampy said:

Nice!

No doubt it will be the demise of many deer! What are you going with for a sight?

i've got a couple at my disposal. pondering what to put on it. shamefully it might be a Axcel Armortech 4 pin similar to what @The_Real_TCIII has in the classified section only it's hideous Mathews Lost camo.  I'd like to go 3 pin slider but they get real expensive. also have an HHA single pin dial but kind of like it on my Elite 3D bow. last i could be vain and off load the Mathews sight and buy TC's sight. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i've got a couple at my disposal. pondering what to put on it. shamefully it might be a Axcel Armortech 4 pin similar to what @The_Real_TCIII has in the classified section only it's hideous Mathews Lost camo.  I'd like to go 3 pin slider but they get real expensive. also have an HHA single pin dial but kind of like it on my Elite 3D bow. last i could be vain and off load the Mathews sight and buy TC's sight. lol

Sadly mine is going for peanuts on ebay in about 17 hours

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I have a Black Gold 3 pin slider and I absolutely love it. Keep at at 20,30,40 for hunting and use the slider for 3D . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sodfather said:

I have a Black Gold 3 pin slider and I absolutely love it. Keep at at 20,30,40 for hunting and use the slider for 3D . 

exactly. you can't gap pins as precise as dialing yardage but having used one for hunting i've realized i don't always have that extra second to spin the dial on the HHA. this bow likely has a hunting only future though. Elite Victory will remain my 3D bow for now. if i needed it to do double duty 3 or 4 pin slider would be ideal.

5 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

exactly. you can't gap pins as precise as dialing yardage but having used one for hunting i've realized i don't always have that extra second to spin the dial on the HHA. this bow likely has a hunting only future though. Elite Victory will remain my 3D bow for now. if i needed it to do double duty 3 or 4 pin slider would be ideal.

I have a single pin on my Prime but it’s a CBE and I think the pin size is to small for me 

On 1/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, dbHunterNY said:

Trad bows were pulling me in but I'm back to the dark side for now.a341af8416b97b870c555d146860e9a2.jpge355356ec92aad0d6544975dcf191340.jpg5df291531bb9ba69f4153ad6d8444930.jpg

Did you get it set up and shoot it yet ? If so what’s your thoughts on it ? 

Get a screw in verifier for your peep.....clears the pins right up and eliminates the star burst on the pins.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

We shot with my friend that has one last Sunday and it’s a disaster in bad weather. I use the housing as my regular peep but took the verifier out for that reason

• Like 1

We shot with my friend that has one last Sunday and it’s a disaster in bad weather. I use the housing as my regular peep but took the verifier out for that reason

Why didn't he just pull the verifier...or I know guys that make a homemade cover to clamp around the peep when not shooting.

I personally don't use one outdoors....but the lights indoor don't mix with my contacts so it seems to help in situations like that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk