How do I remove the butt stock? Rem. 1100

I've got a Remington 1100 with a slightly loose butt stock. I want to tighten it.

It's got a 3/4" thick rubber recoil pad. It appears the pad has been pushed inside the composite stock and may be snapped into a groove or something. I've tried prying it out. It isn't coming out easily. I don't want to damage it.

Any advice?

Mine has a wood stock.There should be two screws[philps head] pushed in the pad.Once you remove them there's a screw[flat head] holding the stock on.Be careful  when loosening the buttstock screw if it's not on the screw you can crack the stock.I have a vhs tape the shows how to assemble/disassemble you can have it if you want I don't have a vhs player anymore.

For some reason the synthetic stock's rubber pad melted/fused with the foam covering the floor of the gun safe. It's ugly but functional. I cannot see or feel any screws or holes in the recoil pad. It came with a wood stock too. The pad on that stock has screws.

Thanks anyway.

The maker of those recoil pads had a problem with them and will replace it for free if you contact them and let them know you have that problem.  I did it with my SPS a few years back.  They had a bad mix in the rubber then.  The new one doesn't melt.

• Like 1

From a forum that dealt with this pad issue in the past.

"Remington is not interested in my recoil pad, I did find the name, Limbsaver on it, so I sent them an e-mail, I got a quick response, they said they were aware of the problem, it was a bad shipment of rubber they received from their supplier, and they are sending me a new one. Now that is customer service done right."

Edited by Rattler

4 minutes ago, Rattler said:

From a forum that dealt with this pad issue in the past.

"Remington is not interested in my recoil pad, I did find the name, Limbsaver on it, so I sent them an e-mail, I got a quick response, they said they were aware of the problem, it was a bad shipment of rubber they received from their supplier, and they are sending me a new one. Now that is customer service done right."

Yup mine was a limbsaver pad.I throw it away and put the original bacl on.