All set up

Chef

So the new AR10 is all set up. Couldn’t find a mount that worked with the huge belle on the viper and went with rings and Hight extenders. This should work for now. The eye box is great and I still have plenty of come up left in the scope.

1f293cf546be14d85e3a193aeb0cf08d.jpgfc2fa14b62328fc419c64fbc5624d7fe.jpgc78b4a752bdd9b91f1b4fa93b61a042f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It doesnt look like the scope bell clears the gun from the pic. You don't want the scope touching the gun. Good luck...nice looking rig. How heavy is it?

It clears I can slide probably 2 quarters stacked on top of each other under the belle. Right now maybe 7lbs max unloaded

• Like 2

Nice rig 
I was gonna say that's stupid light for a 10! lol Im hoping mine ends up around the 9-10# mark unloaded when all said and done.. (scopeless)

Yea, I’m
Guessing with the wicked light and mounts I’ll be at 11 all in

curious why you chose a .308. I'm setup with my only rifle bigger than my .22 right now (.30-06) and looking to go the other direction. 

Most of my coyote hunting is not for fur it’s more of a Eradication effort, I also participate in a few contests every year. Dead is dead at that point and the 308 should lead to less tracking and no wounded dogs. Also I kind of thought it might be fun to use as a deer gun out of some of my stands.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chef said:

Most of my coyote hunting is not for fur it’s more of a Eradication effort, I also participate in a few contests every year. Dead is dead at that point and the 308 should lead to less tracking and no wounded dogs. Also I kind of thought it might be fun to use as a deer gun out of some of my stands.

makes sense. I'm in a similar boat I think and my thought was more about saving the shoulder and a little less flinch.

Edited by Belo

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

never shot one. I always figured though that the .223 was more common in the military because of recoil. Ignorant topic for me, but makes me wonder why not the AR10

For military purposes, weight is a consideration. I believe my m16a4 with acog, surefire, and pec14 or whatever its designation was...it weighed just under 10lbs i believe with a 30rd mag. Id carry around 300 rounds on me. Now think of that with 7.62. Its going to be significantly more. Plus there is the added recoil, when clearing houses and the real possibility of fast follow up shots needed the 5.56 is superior. However i will say, i would like to of had the option of carrying a rifle in 7.62. I was the designated marksman for my platoon, i would have liked the added ass behind the 7.62 for any potential long range engagement. But back on topic, great looking gun!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

For military purposes, weight is a consideration. I believe my m16a4 with acog, surefire, and pec14 or whatever its designation was...it weighed just under 10lbs i believe with a 30rd mag. Id carry around 300 rounds on me. Now think of that with 7.62. Its going to be significantly more. Plus there is the added recoil, when clearing houses and the real possibility of fast follow up shots needed the 5.56 is superior. However i will say, i would like to of had the option of carrying a rifle in 7.62. I was the designated marksman for my platoon, i would have liked the added ass behind the 7.62 for any potential long range engagement. But back on topic, great looking gun!

good explanation and from someone who isn't just tacticool. Thanks for your service. 

• Like 3