Investment year in review.

Nomad

APHA getting some action in. I think they are viewed as being one of the better run cannabis companies and matching up with Tillray on this merger might be powerful. The industry as a whole getting a lift from the blue wave. I'm starting to look at the middlemen in the process of that industry, too. Some of those middlemen make $.

Just like the goldrush, the suppliers of equipment/clothing, etc. made alot of the $.

Do not sleep on DKNG & PENN. Michigan goes live any day and NY would follow suit in 2021. NHL is gonna play. So there’s a game every night. March madness will help and so will in-game betting for NBA. Plus Portnoy and Barstool have a cult following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There will probably never going to be any other illegal substance being legalized in our lifetime.  Once the cannibus ship sails, it's over.  I think anyone you pick will profit.  Question is picking the best one.

I hit MJ ETF years ago for a nice gain then got out before it plummeted

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

There will probably never going to be any other illegal substance being legalized in our lifetime.  Once the cannibus ship sails, it's over.  I think anyone you pick will profit.  Question is picking the best one.

Plus in early days like this there are likely opportunities for merger and acquisition plays. 

Plus in early days like this there are likely opportunities for merger and acquisition plays. 

2018 some weed stocks were 10x what they are today. Maybe you and elmo are right, but I think the “boom”’was 3 years ago

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

2018 some weed stocks were 10x what they are today. Maybe you and elmo are right, but I think the “boom”’was 3 years ago

Back then people thought it was going to spread after Colorado and Cali did it but it didn't.  This time it looks like Biden will.

• Like 3

Back then people thought it was going to spread after Colorado and Cali did it but it didn't.  This time it looks like Biden will.

But it has recently I thought. NJ, Masss, etc.? I could be wrong. I haven’t looked into it much

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But it has recently I thought. NJ, Masss, etc.? I could be wrong. I haven’t looked into it much

I'll consider a 32% pick up in like three business days a boom. LOL.

Had lunch with the oldest daughter , she just took a 6 hour course in Funds, and was telling me about ETF, expense ratios , dollar cost averaging,  index funds , all the stuff I’ve been trying to get her to,learn about .

She bumped up her 401 contribution to 20% ,she and her fiancé are evaluating all their other  holdings as well .

Sometimes it just takes a random guy on Instagram, to, get them to,do,what you’ve been trying for years .....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had lunch with the oldest daughter , she just took a 6 hour course in Funds, and was telling me about ETF, expense ratios , dollar cost averaging,  index funds , all the stuff I’ve been trying to get her to,learn about .
She bumped up her 401 contribution to 20% ,she and her fiancé are evaluating all their other  holdings as well .
Sometimes it just takes a random guy on Instagram, to, get them to,do,what you’ve been trying for years .....

Compound interest = 8th wonder of the world!

Anyone see the short squeezes going on. One for the ages this past week. GME, BBBY, AMC, etc.

Retail investors are ganging up on the institutions and it's creating wild swings. Some retail investors are showing returns of insane amounts. Some guy on WSB made $11M on GME before today's opening.

That stuff is volatile but may be a big factor in changing how markets do business if this keeps up.

Basically, the retail investors get together via free speech, find the companies being shorted heavily to create a scenario where there are not enough shares on the market, causing the institutions to rush back in and buy shares to cover losses. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phade said:

Anyone see the short squeezes going on. One for the ages this past week. GME, BBBY, AMC, etc.

Retail investors are ganging up on the institutions and it's creating wild swings. Some retail investors are showing returns of insane amounts. Some guy on WSB made $11M on GME before today's opening.

That stuff is volatile but may be a big factor in changing how markets do business if this keeps up.

Basically, the retail investors get together via free speech, find the companies being shorted heavily to create a scenario where there are not enough shares on the market, causing the institutions to rush back in and buy shares to cover losses. 

Yup. Gamestop was absolutely bonkers today. I told  @sodfather and @The Jerkman about this earlier.

SEC does not take kindly to market manipulation.    This sounds real close. 

For sure. But it’s not the first time. It’s becoming more and more common. As Phade mentioned, it’s not a secret. They are calling their shots in advance.

1 hour ago, phade said:

In and out of GME 120%, and in AMC @ $5 with that roll! Wow. 

AMC in a squeeze but not nearly as shorted. Gonna bail asap. If premarket holds...up 220% on GME. My heart can't take it any longer.

madness. AMC was 330% at one point. I wish I could dabble but I can't.