Investment year in review.

Nomad

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I'm not sold on this one yet, especially with disposable income for the blue collar worker down. If you're in, good luck. This one isn't for me though, and you can certainly call me out for screwing up if you'd like in the future :)

which one- DKNG or PENN? both are solid gains for me that I cannot lose. Profits are good. and Dave Portnoy will be Prez in 2024

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

which one- DKNG or PENN? both are solid gains for me that I cannot lose. Profits are good. and Dave Portnoy will be Prez in 2024

it seems that you were betting on big gains coming. I'm not sold on that, even if you're up now and yes I agree they likely wont tank. Just not that getting in now would equate to a big boom.

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I went on ETF on both as i'm just not sure who is going to hit in those spaces. gambling is fun... 

I really like SHLS. They have a long history of success and growth. Demand in the market growing. I'm guess we will see 45-55 per share by summer if their first few quarterly releases go well. I am in 33 cost avg.

3 minutes ago, phade said:

I really like SHLS. They have a long history of success and growth. Demand in the market growing. I'm guess we will see 45-55 per share by summer if their first few quarterly releases go well. I am in 33 cost avg.

pulled them up. did they just go public like a week ago?

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

it seems that you were betting on big gains coming. I'm not sold on that, even if you're up now and yes I agree they likely wont tank. Just not that getting in now would equate to a big boom.

both around 18%, so $10K profit. More importantly they were stress free lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

pulled them up. did they just go public like a week ago?

Yep - they are a very old company (by solar terms). Well established profitability already, with increases in gross and net revenue YOY past three years (I didn't go further back). Market is hot, and they're growing in a market that is growing. I'll ride that one for a while.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not a doomsday guy but anyone see this raging Market as a bubble ?  I mean what is really driving it?  Small business is more than struggling, we are handing out trillions in Covid relief and just printing more money to cover it which you'd think has got to hurt the dollar, we are basically buying our own debt.  How long can the market continue to boom when it is really based on what .....speculation and trend buying, government expenditures to backup business if it fails?  It interests me mostly as i look at this.  I dont have cash to day trade etc but I do pray for my 401K to get fat so I can retire ASAP.  But you guys that are heavily invested - are you starting to worry on a deflate here?  we all know someday it will come down esp when it doesnt really have much of a base.  We are leaning on the tech heavy companies cause we no longer manufacture much in the US, and the market is global but we have been writing checks we cant cash and been spending like its Christmas every day.  Now I know that if it falls to the bottom it wont matter where your cash or investment is , but I eye the market and wonder what the hell is holding it up?  We are in a pandemic, high unemployment, social distancing, closed businesses,etc etc and the market still goes up on speculation?  Hell it even went up on the day of the riots which no one would have thought.   But based on what? its def not a thriving economy.....this would seem to me also to drive things like Bitcoin up because of lack of faith in a strong dollar.  Whatcha think???  Just going along for the ride still?  Prob only way to go but it makes me wonder how this continues.....      random thoughts on a Wed in the winter- lol 

I think many people believe there will be a pullback in the market between now and end of spring with a long-term positive outlook. At least that is what the talking heads say.

I'll buy the dip as they say nowadays.

Low interest rates, low corporate tax rates, lagging inflation allows for growth; it's high octane gas for the race car if you will. Many companies are releasing RECORD profits in periods where inflation is lagging YOY in a pandemic. Stimulus money aside, it's chump change big picture. People still going to Best Buy to get TVs, and there is a hell of a pent up demand for travel. Wait til this thing ends and watch how expensive it'll be to go to Disney or the Bahamas due to supply and demand. And, all of this is happening as consumers are lowering revolving debt including HELOCs; and it's moving to things like home loans. People are taking advantage of locking in low interest rates on their homes. Heck since the pandemic hit we were at peak revolving debt in march 2020, and that's down 20% in less than a year. People are still spending but also taking their reduced operating costs to get out of debt (IE saving on going out to eat, gas money as they are WFH, etc.).

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

Wait till summer . I’ve traded draft king in the past but you need to time it right . Buy in the summer cause it falls hard . Only sport is baseball and nobody bets baseball. Sell after the Super Bowl or even after NBA finals 

18 hours ago, phade said:

I think many people believe there will be a pullback in the market between now and end of spring with a long-term positive outlook. At least that is what the talking heads say.

I'll buy the dip as they say nowadays.

Low interest rates, low corporate tax rates, lagging inflation allows for growth; it's high octane gas for the race car if you will. Many companies are releasing RECORD profits in periods where inflation is lagging YOY in a pandemic. Stimulus money aside, it's chump change big picture. People still going to Best Buy to get TVs, and there is a hell of a pent up demand for travel. Wait til this thing ends and watch how expensive it'll be to go to Disney or the Bahamas due to supply and demand. And, all of this is happening as consumers are lowering revolving debt including HELOCs; and it's moving to things like home loans. People are taking advantage of locking in low interest rates on their homes. Heck since the pandemic hit we were at peak revolving debt in march 2020, and that's down 20% in less than a year. People are still spending but also taking their reduced operating costs to get out of debt (IE saving on going out to eat, gas money as they are WFH, etc.).

I had only minor, conservative investments for a while and recently with some extra cash decided to invest more. Every chart I look at, I cringe and "wish" I would have got in during the huge crash last march. Everything is booming right now, and some talking heads say the correction already happened and others say its coming. Guess that's why they call it gambling. I absolutely learned with SAVA crashing yesterday that I need to be more careful with stop-losses. 

34 minutes ago, Belo said:

I had only minor, conservative investments for a while and recently with some extra cash decided to invest more. Every chart I look at, I cringe and "wish" I would have got in during the huge crash last march. Everything is booming right now, and some talking heads say the correction already happened and others say its coming. Guess that's why they call it gambling. I absolutely learned with SAVA crashing yesterday that I need to be more careful with stop-losses. 

Stop losses only work when the apps and the trading is manageable enough for it to actually process. That was part of the reason why I lost 30% of my gains on AMC. My stop loss wouldn't process because the price was so volatile and falling that it would fail. I had to market sell THREE times before it took and lost share price from 24.50 to 19 and change. So, my advice is don't bank on it always working.

ZOM the Carole Baskin stock is on a tear this week. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phade said:

Stop losses only work when the apps and the trading is manageable enough for it to actually process. That was part of the reason why I lost 30% of my gains on AMC. My stop loss wouldn't process because the price was so volatile and falling that it would fail. I had to market sell THREE times before it took and lost share price from 24.50 to 19 and change. So, my advice is don't bank on it always working.

yeah SAVA wasn't a huge crash, but a gradual freefall from a high of 115 and then well below the 75 I bought it at. Probably will ride it out till phase 3 of their trials.

16 hours ago, sodfather said:

Wait till summer . I’ve traded draft king in the past but you need to time it right . Buy in the summer cause it falls hard . Only sport is baseball and nobody bets baseball. Sell after the Super Bowl or even after NBA finals 

Yeah, I bought DraftKings at just under $30 back in May and sold them when they hit $40 in June.  Unfortunately, months later they made a deal with ESPN and skyrocketed some more.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 9:20 AM, phade said:

ZOM up almost 160% in the past week now. In at $0.94 and already debating whether I should take the gains at the $2.80 it is now. Hunting partner got in at $0.27 a month prior.

This has been quite a month of run-up. Alot of green. Probably won't happen like that for a long time again.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lomax said:

My goodness the pot stocks are on fire.  Pun intended.  But think it’s volatile but returns have exceed 40% on some  strange times for sure.  

I closed out some calls at 400 and 500% since Monday with SNDL and OGI. Moving and shaking. Wish I bought more!!! First time I ever went into options. 3 for 3. I know I won't be that lucky going forward.

Small caps seem to be the larger area of growth as of late. 

Edited by phade

1 minute ago, phade said:

I closed out some calls at 400 and 500% since Monday with SNDL and OGI. Moving and shaking. Wish I bought more!!!

Still riding High haha here got into Aphria at it’s more than double my ETF Potx is up tremendously as well   

Wondering when the sector tops out or how much more upward value there is kind of hard to figure out the market cap on such a new market but these returns are unbelievable   Just hope I can sell it for a nice profit if the government decides to be pot restrictive and if not let it ride

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Still riding High haha here got into Aphria at it’s more than double my ETF Potx is up tremendously as well   

Wondering when the sector tops out or how much more upward value there is kind of hard to figure out the market cap on such a new market but these returns are unbelievable   Just hope I can sell it for a nice profit if the government decides to be pot restrictive and if not let it ride

Tillray got up to 250 before they crashed last time. I'm not basing this on anything but I'd be looking at a 4x multiple from where they were when this run started. APHA was around 12-15 for a while, so that would put it in the 48-60 range IMO, and feel safe. Any higher and I'd get nervous personally.

OGI has treated me well. SNDL was undervalued for a long while because they got dinged for poor quality on one harvest that made news within the industry I guess. It was an isolated but widereaching issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

Tillray got up to 250 before they crashed last time. I'm not basing this on anything but I'd be looking at a 4x multiple from where they were when this run started. APHA was around 12-15 for a while, so that would put it in the 48-60 range IMO, and feel safe. Any higher and I'd get nervous personally.

OGI has treated me well. SNDL was undervalued for a long while because they got dinged for poor quality on one harvest that made news within the industry I guess. It was an isolated but widereaching issue.

Beside aphria I hold POTX CNBS and APHA   Previously sold Canopy Growth wish I kept it  as you can see those stocks all did phenomenally well today I don’t think I hold this long If Pot wants to pay for a new turkey gun I guess I am dealing but out soon.  

8C93940C-8C86-4967-97B4-F612ADE8D54C.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

Beside aphria I hold POTX CNBS and APHA   Previously sold Canopy Growth wish I kept it  as you can see those stocks all did phenomenally well today I don’t think I hold this long If Pot wants to pay for a new turkey gun I guess I am dealing but out soon.  

1 hour ago, phade said: