Investment year in review.

Nomad

17 hours ago, phade said:

The large companies are valued at way more multiples than people historically are comfortable with. I think that is what is causing them the dropsies....them Amazon, etc.

yeah i don't have a great read on it. On one had I don't disagree with what you're saying. On the other, we've seen an even more accelerated push in tech due to the pandemic and a likelihood that a lot never goes back to the way it was. I'm a great example of a guy who now has a permanent home office.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I set my stop losses on individual stocks. If all drops more I’ll take my profits and wait till things hit bottom and Jump back in at a later time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been burned by doing this and not doing this. I see why wall street likes their drugs. haha.

• Like 2

I've asked my broker to put in stop losses on some stocks and they strongly advise against it.  One even refused and told me to find another advisor if I did.  Don't miss him at all, he was way too conservative. 

I've been burned by doing this and not doing this. I see why wall street likes their drugs. haha.

I've asked my broker to put in stop losses on some stocks and they strongly advise against it.  One even refused and told me to find another advisor if I did.  Don't miss him at all, he was way too conservative. 

I’m out of DKNG/PENN/BUZZ. Took my big gains. Lost a tiny bit on Buzz but it was bought with sales from penn/buzz yesterday at big gains so still way up.

All my retirement stuff and ETF’s like VOO, QQQ, MACGX, etc. all stays put and keep buying every paycheck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Otto said:

that's interesting as a stop loss is generally considered being very conservative haha

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m out of DKNG/PENN/BUZZ. Took my big gains. Lost a tiny bit on Buzz but it was bought with sales from penn/buzz yesterday at big gains so still way up.

All my retirement stuff and ETF’s like VOO, QQQ, MACGX, etc. all stays put and keep buying every paycheck.

i'm not worried at all about my ETF's. I'm in for the ride with clean energy, weed, 5g, streaming, ARK and gaming. I do have "play" money in stocks and some options. But even play money is real money that hurts to see it dwindle. 

Edited by Belo

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup, that's why i sold lol. Felt like i worked too hard to research and get those gains to let them go.

i've done a few this way too. sold earlier than I should have but was happy with the gains. It's impossible to predict everything, but there is some good dd behind most of it.

23 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I agree but I’m more of the investor than day trader . Markets are volatile and no stock ever goes straight up 

except gamestop right? I'm told it's going to 1000.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Belo said:

that's interesting as a stop loss is generally considered being very conservative haha

He said that a sudden market drop could cause a sale and then the stock goes up again.  

On 3/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, sodfather said:

Actually wasn’t a bad day . Hopefully next week we get some more back . 

yeah it rebounded nicely... more tech dying today this morning

On 3/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, Otto said:

He said that a sudden market drop could cause a sale and then the stock goes up again.  

well you have to be careful with where you set them and if you're sitting at a computer you can watch the dips and always rebuy

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Diamond hands! $200 after close.

Watching some tech stops drop. Probably going to be a couple good pick ups while they dip. NVDA being one of them.

NVDA along with TEAM AAPL LRCX and IPGP and MU.   Some tech stocks to buy on the down 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m back in the mix:

Tesla, draftkings, PENN, apple, GoPro, and Buzz. If GoPro doesn’t work out then@sodfather owes me all hunting gear

Buzz is a buzz killer, this ones gonna move to slow for me I think. One of my penny stocks i picked up recently hit a  home run today!!