Investment year in review.

Nomad

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

Disciplined investing over a 35 year time horizon, in low cost funds, with a mix of land and PM !

5 hours ago, phade said:

It is indeed crazy. 

4 hours ago, Zag said:

Where can u buy it? I dont see it on Schwab, come to think about it i may not be allowed too.

I don't have any. I bought Cardano through coinbase when it was $1.20, but dogecoin isn't available there. Just saw Phade mentioned Robinhood, I guess that's where people buy it.

Funny story, I have a friend who is terrified of the stock market. He bought 70 cents worth of dogecoin 6 months ago. Yes, 70 cents LOL. Anyway, he's up 3,100% so 40X and now it's worth $21 lol. He's kicking himself for not doing at least $1K 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johnplav said:

This can't last right?  I'm up 530%   When do I sell it??

This IMO is the hardest thing to do in investing. 

People get greedy, so the real answer is specific to you and what you want to accomplish. I'm slowly getting better at not worrying about missing out on gains. Bag holding is real in the crypto world. When I take gains, it become realized and not on paper.

I think Crypto has a long of a run as the economy doesn't have hikes in taxes. With the Fed saying no rate hikes til 2023...I think in general, these next 18 months are going to be insane growth outside of some out of left field factor. Liquidity in the market has to dry up to challenge Crypto momentum. As long as money is cheap and plentiful, they'll keep throwing money into it.

Edited by phade

On 4/14/2021 at 3:48 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don't have any. I bought Cardano through coinbase when it was $1.20, but dogecoin isn't available there. Just saw Phade mentioned Robinhood, I guess that's where people buy it.

Funny story, I have a friend who is terrified of the stock market. He bought 70 cents worth of dogecoin 6 months ago. Yes, 70 cents LOL. Anyway, he's up 3,100% so 40X and now it's worth $21 lol. He's kicking himself for not doing at least $1K 

I am daily reminded by my hunting partner that he bought into DOGE at 0.004-0.006...

1 minute ago, johnplav said:

Ha!  You never know tho... It coulda ended up being worth 0.00001

He has started harvesting...buying a camper.

I forget but I think he put between 5-600 into it at that level and it's a healthy five figures now.

Coin thing seems interesting , but I have little interest in trying to make a quick 20k on something I’m not familiar with  . We’re pulling in six figures yearly on balanced bond / stock funds . Just rebalanced them back to 60% bonds, 40% stocks . Been taking dividends and cap gains in cash as well .

Not sure I’m willing to ,put the amount of cake in , to make truly large money short term , we’re at a weird point in the country . Same reason we held off on buying a condo in FLA. Thinking the coming inflation will depress that market .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Coin thing seems interesting , but I have little interest in trying to make a quick 20k on something I’m not familiar with  . We’re pulling in six figures yearly on balanced bond / stock funds . Just rebalanced them back to 60% bonds, 40% stocks . Been taking dividends and cap gains in cash as well .

Not sure I’m willing to ,put the amount of cake in , to make truly large money short term , we’re at a weird point in the country . Same reason we held off on buying a condo in FLA. Thinking the coming inflation will depress that market .

I have been reading up on Bitcoin, and once the 21million bitcoins have been mined, what's next? They are up to 18.5million already.

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think my friend is up 9,000% not a typo. Crazy. Crazy how $10K 6 months ago in Doge would be like $8 million right now

I’m thinking of dumping 10k in, through Robinhood ? Idk ,trying to,read and learn the best/ easiest way .

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think my friend is up 9,000% not a typo. Crazy. Crazy how $10K 6 months ago in Doge would be like $8 million right now

Could you imagine that? It's insane.$8M is walk-away drop the mic, I am done working unless I want to, kind of money.

38 minutes ago, phade said:

Could you imagine that? It's insane.$8M is walk-away drop the mic, I am done working unless I want to, kind of money.

I agree 100%. I would be going nuts. Probably call my boss and tell her i'm done 12/31, and happily train people and coast for the next 8 months out of respect.

I think I am going to take up a position in COIN. Fundamentals aside, they seem to be the "first mover" in that part of the Crypto space, and if Crypto has a long runway in the next 12-18 mos. It seems like this would be a wise play.

Would assume if COIN starts handling Doge there is a short-term double dip potential. COIN seems like it could be a long hold play. Maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1